Old 09-26-2016, 07:26 PM   #11

I am glad this thread was started. I am going to remove and bypass mine next. I see it as a fail point as well. And I always filter before it enters the RV so it isn't needed. Will make winterizing easier too!

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 09-27-2016, 05:50 AM   #12

Mine is under the sink in the bathroom, and at this point I see no reason to remove it. It is pretty easy to service it.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 10-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysunseekermbs View Post
I am glad this thread was started. I am going to remove and bypass mine next. I see it as a fail point as well. And I always filter before it enters the RV so it isn't needed. Will make winterizing easier too!

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

People are going to do what they are going to do, but this is only partially true. Under this method, the water coming out of the FW tank is not filtered. It's only filtered going into the tank. If the tank is pristine clean, it's not an issue. But if any organisms or other impurities are in the tank, they will not filter out. Some people say it doesn't matter to them because they don't drink it (which also means don't feed to pets, or use for cooking unless fully boiled).

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 29; RV to date: 32
Old 10-01-2016, 11:50 PM   #14

Quote:
People are going to do what they are going to do, but this is only partially true. Under this method, the water coming out of the FW tank is not filtered. It's only filtered going into the tank. If the tank is pristine clean, it's not an issue. But if any organisms or other impurities are in the tank, they will not filter out. Some people say it doesn't matter to them because they don't drink it (which also means don't feed to pets, or use for cooking unless fully boiled).
I was always so sick from food or water every times I went to southeast Asia. My wife said I'm too clean (filter this and filter that). May be germs would do some good for me? I'm not a doctor just having fun
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 07:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 29; RV to date: 32

Good point about coming from the tank. We only use our tank for showers and flushing. We keep water for cooking and coffee separate. So that works for us.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Old 10-02-2016, 08:35 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
I was always so sick from food or water every times I went to southeast Asia. My wife said I'm too clean (filter this and filter that). May be germs would do some good for me? I'm not a doctor just having fun
I think raptor has a point,,, when we were kids we eat dirt and drank from the creek or garden hose,,, or maybe even the horse troth ???

Tags
sunseeker, water, water filter