Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2019, 09:13 PM   #1

2401ws slide bottom

Question for the sprinters but may only be specific to the w model there are c shaped pieces of steel bolted on the bottom outside edge of the slide. Are they supposed to be straight and parallel with the slide? Some of mine are angled alittle. Not sure of the purpose of these. My slide doesn’t close as tight on the bottom as the top and I’m wondering if that is the issue. I will try to get a picture tomorrow.
Hammerhounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhounds View Post
Question for the sprinters but may only be specific to the w model there are c shaped pieces of steel bolted on the bottom outside edge of the slide. Are they supposed to be straight and parallel with the slide? Some of mine are angled alittle. Not sure of the purpose of these. My slide doesn’t close as tight on the bottom as the top and I’m wondering if that is the issue. I will try to get a picture tomorrow.
The bottom of the slide will not be flush with the wall when closed. It's designed that way. Don't ask why, but this has been addressed in prior threads if you care to search for them. The C shaped pieces have nothing to with it.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 02:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhounds View Post
My slide doesn’t close as tight on the bottom as the top and I’m wondering if that is the issue
I think (though I may be wrong...) that the slides are designed so that the top of the outside wall of the slideout contacts the outside of the RV first...and then the floor of the slideout kind of rocks upward a bit as the slideout motor continues to draw the bottom of the slideout in...if that makes any sense. I think the reason they do that is to ensure that the top of the sideout will be firmly against the wall of the RV even though the force holding the slide out in is applied at the bottom.

Not at all sure that I've explained that clearly...

Dave
Old 09-19-2019, 02:52 PM   #4

Ok thank you I’m working on searching past threads. Mine is not even touching the rubber seal on the bottom. I would think it is supposed to other wise why put it there. Wonder what those c shapes are for?
Old 09-19-2019, 06:53 PM   #5

If your "gap" at the bottom is a couple of inches, then you are in factory specs. However, if the bottom is not hitting the gasket, you probably need to re-time your slide. JoeSteiner and others have posted solutions, so scroll down to the video on this thread I provided to see how to do it:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ns-139881.html

Most questions have already been asked and answered here if only you search for them, but regardless, we are here to help.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbnb View Post
If your "gap" at the bottom is a couple of inches, then you are in factory specs. However, if the bottom is not hitting the gasket, you probably need to re-time your slide. JoeSteiner and others have posted solutions, so scroll down to the video on this thread I provided to see how to do it:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ns-139881.html

Most questions have already been asked and answered here if only you search for them, but regardless, we are here to help.
And you should read the whole thread.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #7

2401ws Slide bottom

I know what you are asking, my c shaped brackets were turned also, a very helpful person at Forest River said they should be straight. My wife held the c shaped bracket with an adjustable wrench from the bottom while i got them loose
from the top, either under the both or in the storage bay and then tightened them up. I think it let the bottom of the slide go further in. While you are there make sure the seat belt bolt washer or tab is not inline with your front roller, if so turn the tab 90 degrees and tighten it down again. Hope this helps. Be safe and
rotdoxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:42 PM   #8

Thank you That is exactly what I’m talking about. I actually stopped by my dealer with it and they looked at it and said yeah they are not supposed to be like that. The one is actually pushing the lower slide trim out. They will be taking care of it when it goes in for other warranty work next month. I will ask if they can check the seatbelt mounts as well.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:13 PM   #9

Lower slide out

You really need to look at the seat belt plate, if it's inline with the roller, every time you put your slide out it runs over that spacer, that's hard on your roller and the slide motor, if you will be running the slide in and out a lot it could damage the roller and or the bracket that is screwed in. Be safe and
Old 10-01-2019, 10:34 PM   #10

Is that on the bottom of the slide where I need to check or in the dinette? Thank you for the advise.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:33 AM   #11

Lower Slide out.

Open the window in the booth and have someone bring the slide in while you are looking at the bottom of the slide and watching the front roller, have them stop as you get close to the roller, inspect and see if it will clear the rectangular washer, if not you will need to take the cushions off the booth and unscrew the plywood on the bench seat and that will give you access to the seat belt bolts, lossen the bolt and turn rectangular washer and tighten the seat belt bolt and reassemble the plywood top for the bench seat and install the cushions. If my MH was here I would take a picture for you. If my memory was good, haha I think the rectangular washer is 3/4"x 1 1/2". The 1 1/2 part of the washer needs to be parallel with the slide looking at it from the side of the coach. I hope this helps.

Be safe and
Old 10-09-2019, 05:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotdoxdad View Post
Open the window in the booth and have someone bring the slide in while you are looking at the bottom of the slide and watching the front roller, have them stop as you get close to the roller, inspect and see if it will clear the rectangular washer, if not you will need to take the cushions off the booth and unscrew the plywood on the bench seat and that will give you access to the seat belt bolts, lossen the bolt and turn rectangular washer and tighten the seat belt bolt and reassemble the plywood top for the bench seat and install the cushions. If my MH was here I would take a picture for you. If my memory was good, haha I think the rectangular washer is 3/4"x 1 1/2". The 1 1/2 part of the washer needs to be parallel with the slide looking at it from the side of the coach. I hope this helps.

Be safe and

Thank you. I have not been able to look at mine until now and sure enough it comes in contact and has worn away the edge of the roller. The rear washer is actually loose as well but that one is not near a roller. It’s going into the dealer tomorrow so I will address it with them.

Tags
slide