AGM Battery and Victron Battery Monitor Install
Due to recurring problems with off-gassing and the CO/LP detector going into alarm, I decided to replace the OEM Group 27 flooded batteries with Group 31 AGM's. I also installed a Victron Energy BMV-702 monitor which provides detailed monitoring of the coach batteries and auxiliary voltage monitoring of the chassis battery.
Once I removed the original batteries, it became obvious to me why there was so much off-gassing. The battery cable terminal connected to one of the high amperage fuses was improperly swaged - which likely led to high current draw and ultimately killed one of the two batteries (picture attached). I would have thought that hydraulic swage tools with the proper dies would be used in a factory - as opposed to $20 hammer type crimpers that DIY'ers buy at Harbor Freight. Oh well, it's fixed now.
Also figured out why the rubber covering the step wasn't staying attached - too much sawdust and shavings stuck to the contact cement. That's fixed now, too.
The Crown AGM batteries are a bit taller and a bit heavier than the OEM batteries, which made for a tight fit in the battery compartment. The shunt for the Victron monitor fit nicely on the back wall of the battery box and may be visible in one of the pictures.
Hopefully, this will be a good mod to our MH. One thing the Victron did was to verify that the converter/charger will charge both the coach and chassis batteries under certain conditions when on shore or generator power.