Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2017, 04:33 PM   #1

'Air bag replaced

Just returned from the local MB dealer having my air bag replaced finally. Process took about 1 hour after arriving at the dealer, they also checked for any other or additional recalls and then did a complete vehicle check. Very happy with the Omaha MB dealer, I've taken my Solera to them to have the fuel filter replaced and for another minor problem and they have always been great. Glad this part is finally over with and don't have to worry about the air bag exploding in my face. Happy Camping.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Just returned from the local MB dealer having my air bag replaced finally. Process took about 1 hour after arriving at the dealer, they also checked for any other or additional recalls and then did a complete vehicle check. Very happy with the Omaha MB dealer, I've taken my Solera to them to have the fuel filter replaced and for another minor problem and they have always been great. Glad this part is finally over with and don't have to worry about the air bag exploding in my face. Happy Camping.

Was this done on a recall? What year and model do you have.
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:29 AM   #3

Yes it was a recall, I have a 2013 Solera with 2012 MB Chassis
Old 08-29-2017, 10:14 PM   #4

I recently inquired of the largest RV dealer in the US about trading my 2015 Solera for a larger class "A" Legacy. The dealer advised he would not take my vehicle in trade as it is under recall for the driver side airbag and the recall has not yet been completed. I have asked my MB servicing dealer about the replacement twice but have been told that my unit has not been released for parts to complete the recall. A call to Mercedes Benz Customer Care advised that they could not tell me when mine might have a part ready and there is no way to expedite the process! A trade is impossible until such time as Takata produces "my" replacement airbag. It appears to me that Mercedes Benz nor Forest River have little interest in moving this process along as a courtesy to their customers who have placed their faith in them. Pretty disappointing. This should not be acceptable to anyone and if you have a unit subject to recall for the airbag issue, please complain to Mercedes and to Forest River and your dealer. You may be placed in the same situation and should know you have no options at this point!
keno2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:23 PM   #5
2012 Solera 24S

I have a 2012 Solera on a 2011 Sprinter chassis.

Both driver and passenger were recently replaced although I was originally told that the passenger side were not yet available.
Nats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:22 PM   #6

I have a 2011 S and received notice that the passenger side recall was ready about a year ago but decided to wait till the drivers side was ready. Finally got that in early June and had them done in July. Nice to get that out of the way.
Ogsarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:33 PM   #7

The only notice I've ever received was for the driver side air bag nothing about the passenger side bag.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
The only notice I've ever received was for the driver side air bag nothing about the passenger side bag.
Finally got the driver airbag replaced last week. MB service dept. showed no passenger side recall, nor have I received a recall notice on my model.
There is also a service bulletin to update the computer control for the injector system, which they performed.
While there, I had them adjust the headlights downward, as we always got flashed while night driving. No charge for the adjustment.
I inquired about DRL defeat, since there are certain times I would like lights out, but you are unable to change the settings, so disregard your owners' manual section on that.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by keno2015 View Post
I recently inquired of the largest RV dealer in the US about trading my 2015 Solera for a larger class "A" Legacy. The dealer advised he would not take my vehicle in trade as it is under recall for the driver side airbag and the recall has not yet been completed. I have asked my MB servicing dealer about the replacement twice but have been told that my unit has not been released for parts to complete the recall. A call to Mercedes Benz Customer Care advised that they could not tell me when mine might have a part ready and there is no way to expedite the process! A trade is impossible until such time as Takata produces "my" replacement airbag. It appears to me that Mercedes Benz nor Forest River have little interest in moving this process along as a courtesy to their customers who have placed their faith in them. Pretty disappointing. This should not be acceptable to anyone and if you have a unit subject to recall for the airbag issue, please complain to Mercedes and to Forest River and your dealer. You may be placed in the same situation and should know you have no options at this point!
We've received several recall notices and inquired several times about the parts to get it done. It's been well over a year....crazy.
chaching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaching View Post
We've received several recall notices and inquired several times about the parts to get it done. It's been well over a year....crazy.
Interesting that you received several recall notices. I've never received more than one letter per recall on any vehicle I've owned.
Just because a recall was issued does not mean parts are available, especially in the case of an airbag recall where the manufacturer is bankrupt. The availability of parts are still limited and service appointments are based on registration location, i.e., hot and humid vs. cool and dry climates, and the vehicle age, with the warm, humid geographic areas receiving preference (or so I was told).
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #11
Needs Help

Interesting about the delay in getting installed. I have the recall notice for my 2014 Solera. Guess I should call and see about parts availability. Nearest sprinter dealer to me is 2 hour away. Turns into a day trip for maintenance.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:59 PM   #12

Mines is being replaced Tues. 23rd. Parts finally in.