Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2018, 10:56 PM   #1

Automatic leveling jacks installed - Warranty work at Elkhart

After picking the RV up at the factory warranty repair center in Elkhart, Indiana we drove (18 miles) up to the Quadra Manufacturing plant White Pigeon, Michigan (Big Foot Leveling Jacks) and had a set of fully automatic hydraulic leveling jacks installed. They work great! And the complete system only weighs 170 lbs. (without the fluid). I LOVE THESE JACKS!
FYI if interested..., I called Quadra Mfg directly and they quoted me a price out the door of $4,460 installed. I then called a place called RV Upgrades... I've ordered a few things from them before... the exact same system (Part # AC-MB3) was $3,615 out the door, with installation at Quadra, & no sales tax!

Warranty repairs - Duration - Four months...
New stabilizer jacks, (I know getting new hydraulic jacks...why? After all we went through I really don't care) New Sofa, New hot water heater, (froze while they had it) New kitchen cabinet, New wood behind toilet, New kitchen faucet, The slide out frame was missing mounting screws, New water pump, Corners of camper body were separating. And several other paint issues from deep scratches on rear bumper at delivery... to paint peeling off 12-15" long, under the main awning at both ends. Had a seam cracking at the bottom of the overhead bunk passenger side. And they replaced both fiberglass cab entry steps (drivers side was loose at delivery, it would sag down about 1/4" when stepped on and eventually cracked.. (I weigh 200 lbs) Unfortunately it was dirty when we picked it up and I missed some pretty big runs in the paint, and severe orange peel on both of the entry steps. ~Never again!~

Hint... If anything ever breaks while on the road don't call FR or Coach Net... Go directly to the manufacturer of the part. Our LP ONAN Generator also quit running with like 11.3 hours on it. We took it directly to a Cummins ONAN sales/repair center in Ventura, Ca. They removed it and completely rebuilt it. (New Armature, Stator & Rotor). No charge / 2 days!
Automatic_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:13 AM   #2

The jacks are pricy even at the discounted rate but they do make life easy. The OEM may be an option if they are within range and for certain equipment.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:21 PM   #3

It is a long drive from Washington State
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 08:44 PM   #4

Yes but what a drive! A stop at Glacier the perhaps Yellowstone... on the way to Teddy Roosevelt Nat Park then Mount Rushmore... avoid Chicago by coming down through the upper peninsula and across the Mackinac Bridge. Follow the West side of the state down Lake Michigan several great parks and Huge Dunes. What a trip! It was the end of our trip this summer. (with several other stops along the way, but a great drive) BTW don't forget the corn palace in SD .. a cool place.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:09 AM   #5

Thanks you Sir. It is a wonderful idea.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:54 PM   #6

It also puts a GREAT benefit in the resale category too.
I know if I had it narrowed down to two or three with all being equal otherwise... and one of them had auto-jacks, decision is very easy.
Especially for those down-sizing who are used to having them.

Tags
jacks, led, leveling, warranty