Old 02-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #31
GM

A live video stream would be our preferred method of following along. Just give us a heads up so I can make popcorn.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
A live video stream would be our preferred method of following along. Just give us a heads up so I can make popcorn.
Well...OK. But I'm gonna have to stick in ads every 5 minutes. That's gonna be a LOT of ads!

Old 02-09-2016, 01:33 PM   #33
2012 Solera

On our 2012 Solera I have the camera adjusted to look as far back as the mount allows (without modifying the mount) so I can use it as a "pseudo rear view mirror". I find it totally washes out with headlights from following vehicles at night. Works for backing into sites if I slightly press the brake pedal to illuminate the brake lights. Seems like the ir LEDs on the camera are too weak. Anyone considered just adding a supplemental 12volt ir illuminator? E.g. something like this: Robot Check
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:44 PM   #34

I have installed three and will a forth on my Wildcat a Peak backup camera system on 5ers.( we all pull boats behind our units). I run hot n ground wires to the rear tail lights running lights(run with lights on) and run the transmitter cable to the front storage area as far forward on the drivers side. This lets the receiver work when turning to the right.They all work great at night and for less the $150 it's well worth it.Have new unit ready to install now come on spring !!!
Old 02-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
On our 2012 Solera I have the camera adjusted to look as far back as the mount allows (without modifying the mount) so I can use it as a "pseudo rear view mirror". I find it totally washes out with headlights from following vehicles at night. Works for backing into sites if I slightly press the brake pedal to illuminate the brake lights. Seems like the ir LEDs on the camera are too weak. Anyone considered just adding a supplemental 12volt ir illuminator? E.g. something like this: Robot Check
You know that is not a bad idea, and likely much less expensive than purchasing a new camera - just light the area up so the camera can see. There are a few threads about very small, very bright round LED 'button lights' you could drill into the bumper on the lower slant that would light things up nicely.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:16 PM   #36

If you want to address camera issues with RVS you can call them at 800-764-1028 and talk to Dylan Lew. I did and he sent me a return authorization to send camera in for a replacement or repair.

Dogpa

2016 Solera 24R
Tow 6X12 Enclosed
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:26 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
You know that is not a bad idea, and likely much less expensive than purchasing a new camera - just light the area up so the camera can see. There are a few threads about very small, very bright round LED 'button lights' you could drill into the bumper on the lower slant that would light things up nicely.
http://www.ipolyi.com/RR/RR/i/backuplights.jpg

!!! be sure to look up under bumper, some locations not good for drilling !!!

I connected to the backup light on the driver's side, a bit of soldering

Robot Check
these would also work: ( smaller holes for wires only )

Robot Check

I used them here:
http://www.ipolyi.com/RR/RR/i/lights.jpg
and here:
http://www.ipolyi.com/RR/RR/i/rhlight.jpg
http://www.ipolyi.com/RR/RR/i/rhlightp.jpg
Old 02-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #38

BCLEMENS, I was just told by RVS that by painting the back up camera white it boises the camera????

Dogpa

2016 Solera 24R
Tow 6X12 Enclosed
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpa View Post
BCLEMENS, I was just told by RVS that by painting the back up camera white it boises the camera????
boises?
Old 02-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #40
GM

^^beat me to it^^

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote