Old 08-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #11

Another update to leak in 2016 MBS 2401 R

I just talked to the service manager at Outlet Recreation in Fargo. She indicated they had found the leak area. Apparently the area where the front hood on the RV meets the roof.....the molding had pulled back due to a stripped screw....this has been repaired. I mentioned the problem with the radio and the poor reception...apparently Forest River is aware of the problem and now has a couple antennas in the newer RVs versus one antenna.......once the new antenna arrives and is installed I should be able to pick up the RV...Once I get the RV back I will send an update.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemn View Post
I just talked to the service manager at Outlet Recreation in Fargo. She indicated they had found the leak area. Apparently the area where the front hood on the RV meets the roof.....the molding had pulled back due to a stripped screw....this has been repaired. I mentioned the problem with the radio and the poor reception...apparently Forest River is aware of the problem and now has a couple antennas in the newer RVs versus one antenna.......once the new antenna arrives and is installed I should be able to pick up the RV...Once I get the RV back I will send an update.
We spent quite some time trying to figure out why radio reception was poor to non-existant. We traced wires, checked connections, etc. No issues with the radio or hardware were found. The problem turned out to be interference from the back up camera monitor, even while not being used. The dealer replaced the monitor. I was skeptical it would help, but it solved the problem! This is a known issue. You can contact Rear View Safety and they will confirm it. Just keep this in mind if the extra antenna does not help.

barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:43 PM   #13

Radio

Thanks for the email.....I got a call from the dealer a few days ago....and was told the water leak....the automatic step and the radio was fixed...the dealer is 100 mikes away and I was lucky to get a ride to Fargo....as I was leaving Fargo the radio seemed to bevworking fine so I made some phone calls then using the Bluetooth was listening to music on my phone....when I arrived closer to home I decided to listen to the radio....I was only able to hear one station where the station is located just outside of town. I could not receive any other stations. I called the dealer in Fargo to explain the problem...but have not heard back.....thanks much for the info on your fix....when service calls I will tell them how your problem was fixed..

Dave S
Old 08-15-2016, 03:05 PM   #14

Rear View Safety

I am not familiar with the Rear View Safety info you mentioned. Is that part of Forest River.

Thanks.

Dave
Old 08-16-2016, 12:13 PM   #15

Quote:
I am not familiar with the Rear View Safety info you mentioned. Is that part of Forest River.

Thanks.

Dave
RVS is a supplier of camera/monitor systems to FR, but your dealer has to coordinate warranty work thru FR. My radio reception works much better, not great, but at least I can tune in a few channels when out on the road most of the time, except the weather band which almost never gets reception. Again, I was skeptical that the monitor would be causing a problem, but it did. As a test, you can unplug or pull the fuse for the monitor (no, I don't know how to unplug it or where the fuse is, but someone on the forum will) then test drive it. If your reception improves, then you have identified the problem. Good luck!
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:59 PM   #16

Roof Leak and Radio Problem

Uupdate....I continue to have poor radio reception with the dash radio. A new wing antenna was installed above the drivers door. The service department and I were hoping this would help with the poor reception. There were plenty of stations in the Fargo area...but when I got back home, approx. 100 miles from Fargo I could only get one station and the tower is just 5 miles from my home. I had received an email that stated the problem could be caused by the rear camera monitor. I called Forest River and after some discussion with a rep....he called the radio company. He called me back and stated the radio company said the antenna or the radio was bad. Forest River stated they would replace the wing antenna just installed and the radio. Right now I am waiting for the radio/antenna to arrive in Fargo. I am hoping I can get the antenna and radio replaced on the same day so I can head back home. The radio in the coach works ok...not the best reception but it does pick up several stations. The automatic step was repaired and the area where the water was leaking was sealed. I will provide an update once the antenna and radio are replaced.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:24 PM   #17

Update to water leak and faulty radios

I continue to have a problem with receiving stations on the dash and coach radio. Once I get out of a large town ( Fargo ) and 100 miles away, I only receive a local radion station on both radios. Outlet RV in Fargo is working the issue with Forest River. I talked to Forest River a few weeks ago, and was told to remove the coach radio and insure the antenna was plugged in securely and see if the splitter was located in back of the radio. There was no splitter, further duscussion with Forest River indicates the splitter is probably behind the microwave. Once I had the coach radio out, I found an old radio antenna and plugged it into the back of the radio. The coach radio worked fine. Bottom line...there is a problem with the whip antenna on top of the coach or the coax leading down to the coach radio and eventually to the dash radio.

Additionally...we received about 3 inches of rain a couple wks ago and when I went to drive the RV, there was water again leaking from the drivers side sun shade area.

I will be taking the RV back to Fargo in the next wk or so....hopefully they can trace the radio problem and repair the leak. Other than that...the RV is fine. I was in a park a couple wkends ago and everything else worked fine.

More to follow.

Dave S
MN
Old 09-14-2016, 08:22 PM   #18

Quote:
I continue to have a problem with receiving stations on the dash and coach radio. Once I get out of a large town ( Fargo ) and 100 miles away, I only receive a local radion station on both radios. Outlet RV in Fargo is working the issue with Forest River. I talked to Forest River a few weeks ago, and was told to remove the coach radio and insure the antenna was plugged in securely and see if the splitter was located in back of the radio. There was no splitter, further duscussion with Forest River indicates the splitter is probably behind the microwave. Once I had the coach radio out, I found an old radio antenna and plugged it into the back of the radio. The coach radio worked fine. Bottom line...there is a problem with the whip antenna on top of the coach or the coax leading down to the coach radio and eventually to the dash radio.

Additionally...we received about 3 inches of rain a couple wks ago and when I went to drive the RV, there was water again leaking from the drivers side sun shade area.

I will be taking the RV back to Fargo in the next wk or so....hopefully they can trace the radio problem and repair the leak. Other than that...the RV is fine. I was in a park a couple wkends ago and everything else worked fine.

More to follow.

Dave S
MN
So Dave did your radio work better after you fiddled with it?? I received the new powered antenna from FR and had them installed with no real increase in performance. I'd be interested to see what I can do to fix the radio...very frustrating!! It the oldest tech on the trailer and it doesn't work...

On a side note for everyone...I spoke with FR about my Cable not working well and they told me that if you had the hdtv antenna on it would make the cable not work well...anyone confirm that?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2016, 08:44 PM   #19

Radio Problem

Once I plugged an old radio antenna from a car into the antenna jack in the back of the coach radio, it worked fine. I the problem is either the whip antenna on top of the coach or a bad coax. The problem is if they get the coach radio going, we need to make sure the dash radio works...the problem is...I am usually close to 100 miles from the dealer since there are stations I can pick up....once I get home there is one..on both radios.....Forest River knows what the problem is....they said they would contact Outlet RV and state the possible fixes. The Forest River guy told me...that maybe Outlet will insure the antenna is good...and the coax to the coach radio....and they can then install a wing antenna in back of the coach radio.....again, I never know if its going to work until I get down the road.....

Sorry, cant help with the TV problem...
Old 09-14-2016, 09:10 PM   #20

The Jenson radio has a local and distance setting for the radio. We had the same problem till we changed it to distance.

2016 Forester 2401W newbie

Tags
leak, water, water leak