Old 09-14-2016, 09:45 PM   #21

I have made every possible setting change to the radios...both of them...the distance./ local has no affect.....as there is not a string signal getting to either radio.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #22

2016 2400W bad water leak

Same issue. Massive amount of water coming from the visor and windshield light area, when starting the drive and after a rain. RV going in for warranty repair. Water also leaking into the seat belt harness.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #23

Leak

Its raining here again in MN...so I expect there will be some more rain coming from the visor and window from area...hopefully I can get my RV to Fargo next wk....
Old 09-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachsailor View Post
The Jenson radio has a local and distance setting for the radio. We had the same problem till we changed it to distance.

2016 Forester 2401W newbie
+1
Old 10-23-2016, 05:26 PM   #25

This is the latest update on the non working radio and the overhead leak on my 2016 MBS 2401R. Outlet RV in Fargo again inspected and sealed some areas above the cab and also they sealed some areas around the lights. They then ran water over the cab for an exended period of time with now leaks and during the 100 mile trip home from Fargo there was no water coming from sun visor area etc. Hopefully the problem is eliminated. Forest River sent Outlet RV a new whip antenna for the top of the RV. To replace the antenna, techs had to remove the microwave to get to the splitter that sends signals to the coach and dash radio. I have enclosed a photo of the antenna cable. Apparently when the microwave was pushed into place it sheared the antenna cable. Presently the whip antenna is feeding both the coach and dash radio. When I was in Fargo Outlet RV had misplaced the wing antenna Forest River stated should be connected to the coach radio...allowing the whip antenna to feed only the dash radio. Bottom line...the radio is working better and I expect both radios will work better once the wing antenna is sent to me from Fargo. I will be sending a copy of the damaged antenna coax cable to Forest River for review. It would be nice to think that that quality control techs at Forest River would learn something from the photo.

Dave
Old 10-23-2016, 05:30 PM   #26

Photo of Damaged Antenna

I dont think the image of the damaged antenna cable was attached to my last eamil.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #27

Damaged Antenna Coax Cable on MBS 2401R

I seem to be having trouble loading the image of the damaged whip antenna coax cable.

Dave
Old 10-23-2016, 05:59 PM   #28

I had the same problem... Got the same "solution" you did for the water leak. Suffice to say it wasn't fixed and I truly hope you don't have the leak return like I did. My humble advice to you next time and anyone else with a water leak is to find a dealer that pressure tests with a SealTec machine or similar. They simply cannot ensure the leak has been corrected by running water over it and can easily find the intrusion location with that machine. Best of luck to you in the future... Too bad FR can't get this right the first time.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:15 AM   #29

2400W water leak

Same major leak from the front cap and the cap lights areas, had sealed under warranty repair. Went through Hurricane Matthew without any cap leaks over the visor area, so believe leaks fixed. Although hurricane blew water through the hot water heater door vent onto the floor, sealed vent with duct tape and stayed dry for the storm passage.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
Mine did same thing when it was new. Took it to dealer and they couldn't find leak, so I showed them a posting from this site and they fixed . Water was coming in where front cap meets body, they resealed the seam by laying down more dacor, and it solved the leak issue.
I'm having the same issue with my Prism/Sprinter. I also live in San Diego county. Which dealer/RV repair shop did the reseal job?
Thank you
Dave
Vista, CA

Tags
leak, water, water leak