Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2016, 08:45 PM   #21

I have made every possible setting change to the radios...both of them...the distance./ local has no affect.....as there is not a string signal getting to either radio.
Davemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:12 PM   #22

2016 2400W bad water leak

Same issue. Massive amount of water coming from the visor and windshield light area, when starting the drive and after a rain. RV going in for warranty repair. Water also leaking into the seat belt harness.
fishheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:18 PM   #23

Leak

Its raining here again in MN...so I expect there will be some more rain coming from the visor and window from area...hopefully I can get my RV to Fargo next wk....
Old 09-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachsailor View Post
The Jenson radio has a local and distance setting for the radio. We had the same problem till we changed it to distance.

2016 Forester 2401W newbie
+1
BEMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:26 PM   #25

This is the latest update on the non working radio and the overhead leak on my 2016 MBS 2401R. Outlet RV in Fargo again inspected and sealed some areas above the cab and also they sealed some areas around the lights. They then ran water over the cab for an exended period of time with now leaks and during the 100 mile trip home from Fargo there was no water coming from sun visor area etc. Hopefully the problem is eliminated. Forest River sent Outlet RV a new whip antenna for the top of the RV. To replace the antenna, techs had to remove the microwave to get to the splitter that sends signals to the coach and dash radio. I have enclosed a photo of the antenna cable. Apparently when the microwave was pushed into place it sheared the antenna cable. Presently the whip antenna is feeding both the coach and dash radio. When I was in Fargo Outlet RV had misplaced the wing antenna Forest River stated should be connected to the coach radio...allowing the whip antenna to feed only the dash radio. Bottom line...the radio is working better and I expect both radios will work better once the wing antenna is sent to me from Fargo. I will be sending a copy of the damaged antenna coax cable to Forest River for review. It would be nice to think that that quality control techs at Forest River would learn something from the photo.

Dave
Old 10-23-2016, 04:30 PM   #26

Photo of Damaged Antenna

I dont think the image of the damaged antenna cable was attached to my last eamil.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:40 PM   #27

Damaged Antenna Coax Cable on MBS 2401R

I seem to be having trouble loading the image of the damaged whip antenna coax cable.

Dave
Old 10-23-2016, 04:59 PM   #28

I had the same problem... Got the same "solution" you did for the water leak. Suffice to say it wasn't fixed and I truly hope you don't have the leak return like I did. My humble advice to you next time and anyone else with a water leak is to find a dealer that pressure tests with a SealTec machine or similar. They simply cannot ensure the leak has been corrected by running water over it and can easily find the intrusion location with that machine. Best of luck to you in the future... Too bad FR can't get this right the first time.
Santos1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:15 AM   #29

2400W water leak

Same major leak from the front cap and the cap lights areas, had sealed under warranty repair. Went through Hurricane Matthew without any cap leaks over the visor area, so believe leaks fixed. Although hurricane blew water through the hot water heater door vent onto the floor, sealed vent with duct tape and stayed dry for the storm passage.
fishheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
Mine did same thing when it was new. Took it to dealer and they couldn't find leak, so I showed them a posting from this site and they fixed . Water was coming in where front cap meets body, they resealed the seam by laying down more dacor, and it solved the leak issue.
I'm having the same issue with my Prism/Sprinter. I also live in San Diego county. Which dealer/RV repair shop did the reseal job?
Thank you
Dave
Vista, CA
ramadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #31

Mine was resealed at rv solutions in Kearny mesa, where I bought it.
If yours is under warrantee take to dealer you purchased at and have him run a couple of beads of dacor over cap where it meets body and silicone the running lights. That fixed mine.
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:50 PM   #32

Still leaking

We have had the 2401WS for 20 months. It has been in three times from October 2015 to November 2016 for water leaking. It has been in a total of 92 days. We moved it last weekend and ....... it still has a huge leak. Going back in this next week.

Our Forester River dealer service shop has a pressurized testing system and tests it each time.

There has been mold on the cushions in the overhead cab and mold in the outside storage behind the drivers seat.

Has anyone had this extreme of an issue? The repair shop is competent and has efficiently done other work for us so I am thinking it's not them.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:23 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfritts View Post
We have had the 2401WS for 20 months. It has been in three times from October 2015 to November 2016 for water leaking. It has been in a total of 92 days. We moved it last weekend and ....... it still has a huge leak. Going back in this next week.

Our Forester River dealer service shop has a pressurized testing system and tests it each time.

There has been mold on the cushions in the overhead cab and mold in the outside storage behind the drivers seat.

Has anyone had this extreme of an issue? The repair shop is competent and has efficiently done other work for us so I am thinking it's not them.
I am really sorry for your troubles.

This is another one of those situations that begs for a 50 state Lemon Law for RV owners.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:54 PM   #34

Cfrittts, Yes I have a similar experience. 2016, 2401R Purchased in June of 2015. Leak started in the fall rainy season of 2015. Takes several weeks to get a service appt and weeks to get authorization once rig is in the shop. Dealer is competent but this has stump them. They think they have it and then i get it back and it rains and leaks again. Water accumulates over cap and then leaks out once the RV is moved. Pressure tested once. Now taking it to another Dealer next week. They will do another pressure test. The good news is Forest River has committed to me that they will get it resolved and so far have been good about it on a customer service basis. Nevertheless, it is very frustrating. I think you are in the Pacific NW. If you find a dealer that fixes your problem please advise. I will do the same.
Riverhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:51 AM   #35
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Our 2016 2400ws has been sitting in shop for THIRTY days before they got permission from FR to fix enormous leak into map pockets over head of driver/passenger seats. They are removing the front cap. I'm really scared. I'm planning on so much eternabond tape on that MH we will have to have it reweighed. In 10 months it's been in shop 3 months and still there now.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #36

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with this leak. I too had a major leak that resulted in my W spending almost 45 days in the shop last year between two dealerships. I did not understand how important that pressure test was until the first dealer had it for 30+ days and couldn't fix it properly. Finally got it to a competent dealer with a pressure testing system and found that the leak in mine was coming from the passenger side window. The downspout from the roof was pouring the water right onto the seal of the window which was not water tight...in fact with mine you could actually see a whole. What I learned is the windows have a tab that fits into a slot on the rig and then the slot is to be covered over with filler and then painted over so you'd never even know it was there. Long story short they got it patched up, pressure tested and now I'm finally dry after having torn out much of the upper passenger side interior materials due to mold intrusion.

So you'll all want to check out the area around the tops of the windows to see if that could be your problem. If all else failis my only other suggestion is to get your rig into a high volume repair shop...the sort that has hundreds of campers on their lot and at least 6 repair bays! General RV in Huntley, IL is where mine was finally fixed properly.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #37

Just an update. The dealer in Portland, Oregon did a very through job. They performed a Seal Tech and found both windows above the cab on each side leaking at the top, two leaks between the cab and coach on the passenger side and one leak between the cab and coach on the driver side. There was also a leak on the seam that makes up the top bunk above the cab. They fixed them all and performed another Seal Tech to confirm no more leaks. They also made sure there was no moisture left up above the cab. All I need now is another good rain for a "real world" test. I have much more confidence this time. Forest River supported the whole process.
Riverhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:51 PM   #38

Good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhouse View Post
Just an update. The dealer in Portland, Oregon did a very through job. They performed a Seal Tech and found both windows above the cab on each side leaking at the top, two leaks between the cab and coach on the passenger side and one leak between the cab and coach on the driver side. There was also a leak on the seam that makes up the top bunk above the cab. They fixed them all and performed another Seal Tech to confirm no more leaks. They also made sure there was no moisture left up above the cab. All I need now is another good rain for a "real world" test. I have much more confidence this time. Forest River supported the whole process.
Glad to hear you found a competent dealer to fix all of the leaks.

This and all the other posts sure gives me warm fuzzies about FR's processes, QC and their 100% leak checking at the factory. Not.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #39
Sunseeker 2400MBW

We're 3 hours from Portland so it's wouldn't be inconvenient. A few days ago service manager (in Auburn WA RV place we use) said they don't have to remove front cap, they are removing the ceiling and using a heat lamp to dry it out and sealing the leaks they found "on the roof". We'll see.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #40
Sunseeker 2400MBW

We got our MH back today after the massive leak scene. Eight Weeks!!
The service manager is so nice and seems so sincere it's hard to get angry with him.
He said if it's a 2016 model it was built in 2015. He thinks FR has been using inferior caulking products the past few years, they use self leveling Dicor now. They removed everything around the top edges and recaulked it.
He said the old caulking was barely stuck down. He advised not to use Eternabond, said it was so sticky it would remove the paint and any finish it touched. I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

We didn't think to ask but the fans and airco and all that other stuff on the roof are with the old caulk. We got on the roof after we got it to parking spot and it seems sound but my husband had been going on the roof every month to check it out and didn't realize it was in such bad shape. So he is going to email the service manager. We can re-do it ourselves if needed.

It doesn't smell funny or anything, he said everything else was sound.

Also we have been using the generator only as needed, LP is a "dirty fuel" and apparently if you use the generator, you need to run it at least an hour to burn it out clean. That was all cruddy and required servicing and we certainly haven't put many hours on it.

We have a camping trip planned first weekend of June, can't wait!
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak