Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #21
Senior

3/4

1/2" x #10 round head sheet metal screws for the angle. Reused the screws for the plywood.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:15 PM   #22

I've used stainless steel 10-24 x 1 long. It is not wobble any more (solid).
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:53 PM   #23

My back bedroom 24R slideout also has that problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
I've used stainless steel 10-24 x 1 long. It is not wobble any more (solid).
I'm glad someone flew into this before I did - as my rear slide-out is VERY LOOSE, and the vinyl that is stretched over the cardboard (to make it look like real wood) is coming off the top piece.

It's nice to know what I'm going to find and be prepared to fix it correctly BEFORE I take it all apart.

I think I will find some real wood trim with a similar design, and stain/varnish it rather than put the 'kinda crappy' trim back up. I don't have a problem with most of the trim in the RV, but the trim around the slideouts leaves a bit to be desired.

Thanks again!
nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #24

nusslejj took words right out of my mouth. I've told my wife it's going to be plywood ugly for awhile until I find a thin decorative real wood for new frames. It will be a lot less weight than junks that I stored in garbage bin a week ago. May be stretching a little about weight but real wood.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:07 PM   #25

Thread drift/hijack... sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
I'm glad someone flew into this before I did - as my rear slide-out is VERY LOOSE, and the vinyl that is stretched over the cardboard (to make it look like real wood) is coming off the top piece.

It's nice to know what I'm going to find and be prepared to fix it correctly BEFORE I take it all apart.

I think I will find some real wood trim with a similar design, and stain/varnish it rather than put the 'kinda crappy' trim back up. I don't have a problem with most of the trim in the RV, but the trim around the slideouts leaves a bit to be desired.

Thanks again!
Hey how are those Alcoa wheels and how about some pictures!
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide