Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2018, 07:49 AM   #21

Disaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
In our situation we are lakefront , and a massive error by city engineers caused them to outlaw std septic systems (their new system failed horribly ) so as a cover up even fine systems that passed tests were outlawed.

We are stuck with a poop pump, a tank stuck in the yard that fills and then automatically pumps into the city installed waste line in under the street.

By failing every cottage the cost of the sewer line to operate a park was covered up.
What a disaster! I was wondering where this was, couldn't find it on your profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
Folks that wish to monitor tanks , fuel water black or grey waste can do this with the tank tender system.

No sensors , no electric.

Tank Tender

tanktender.com - Home

An introduction and summary of the benefits of a Tank Tender by Hart Systems.
Interesting scheme. Works on the same principle as my washing machine's fill sensor.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:37 AM   #22
Sunseeker 2400MBW

You’re LakeFront!?!!! That’s wonderful. Why worry, 2 months will go by in a flash. 10 miles is nothing.

Water has not drained in the shower x2, when we forgot to check the tanks, it appears to be quite clean.
Our sensors work, I wish they measured by 1/4.
Good luck to you and yours.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:16 AM   #23

Switch to the SeeLevel Sensors, you will never look back.

They adhere to the OUTSIDE of the tank and accuratelydisplay in 1% increments. No more errors or guesswork!

You only use one existing pair of wires from ANY tank to feed to your new digital display. (The wires from the other tanks tie to this single pair). You can install them yourself or use a pro. I absolutely love mine and can't recommend them highly enough!

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/
bob5560g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:16 PM   #24
oreddie

For the black tank I have found that Happy Camper's Extreme Holding Tank Cleaner resolves inaccurate tank readings every time. I use it twice a year, winterize (November) and mid-summer.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by OREddie View Post
For the black tank I have found that Happy Camper's Extreme Holding Tank Cleaner resolves inaccurate tank readings every time. I use it twice a year, winterize (November) and mid-summer.
Thanks OREddie. Just ordered some.

Tags
black, tank