Old 02-08-2016, 08:35 PM   #1
Black water tank flush system leak

I am on the road in Florida and when I tried using the flush I got water leaking under the sink of our W and it ran across the floor and out the front of the slide as it was tilted that way. Tested today and I see it is a simple system with some type of valve at the high point. This is where it is leaking. Anyone else have this issue? Repair or replacement issue?

2016 Sunseeker MBS W
2010 Honda CRV- SMI Stay In Play Duo
Previous-5th wheel, Class C, tent trailer, tent
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:26 PM   #2
Not sure on that but are you using a water pressure regulator to be sure you are not overpressurizing the line, as you may hit a pressure relief valve. Otherwise it might be plugged on the inside causing a back-flow condition in the water line. Just some speculation on my part to give you a couple of things to start on.

PS: this should probably go in the tech plumbing forum since it's not about the MBS chassis. You may get more answers there.

2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:04 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Your anti siphon valve has sprung a leak. You can (and should) replace with either a stock unit or a a unit from Home Depot or Lowes. The latter will most likely require some additional plumbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 64
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:06 AM   #4
Replace This,with a better one from H/D! Run a Search at Top Plenty of Info! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2200.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	99241  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:17 AM   #5
With no pressure in the line, give the valve a whack with the handle of a screwdriver. This may fix it.

2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W Diamond
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ 6.0 Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed 4.10:1 SRW
nomad297 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:42 AM   #6
X2. Just curious, sometimes they act up when you either over pressurize or tanks are near full. Just a hunch.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:16 PM   #7
Probably overpressurized. Happened at a RV park with high water pressure. Looks like it is a JR brand one. $38 online. Still on warranty so I will look for a Forest River dealer. Looks like a 5 minute replacement with no tools needed.
2016 Sunseeker MBS W
2010 Honda CRV- SMI Stay In Play Duo
Previous-5th wheel, Class C, tent trailer, tent
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #8
Usually Confused Member
The valve shown in YooRoo post #4 is notorious for failure. Sometimes it's the valve but more often it's the clamping on the hose. Run some water and look to see where the leak is occurring. If it coming out from the hose connection at the clamp, replace that with a more robust clamp that can be tightened with a small socket.

If it's coming out the top of the valve you'll probably need a new one. I replaced mine with the Watts LF7 ( LF7 Lead Free* Bronze Dual Check Valves, Dual Checks / Dual Checks with Atmospheric Vent, Backflow Prevention - Watts ), All brass. You'll have to search the HD or Lowes bins to find the correct fittings to attached it to the existing hoses but when installed all the problems go away.

Another option a neighbor used is a Valtera clear plastic valve that allows you to see everything inside. It's an easier fit than the Watts but I don't know about its reliability, etc. (neighbor hasn't had any problems).

Check Valve/Vacuum Breaker, 1/2″ MPT, Bulk - |

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote

black, black water, leak, tank, water, water tank