Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 01:16 PM   #1

Brake warning light

Brake warning light came one yesterday when I hit brake a little harder than usual because of surprised traffic stop. My 2016 chassis has only 7400 miles on it. Owner manual said brake pads warned out and they are look thick like new. Anyone experienced this same problem? What did you do to solve it?

Thanks
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:09 PM   #2

I don't remember if Mercedes actually have sensors ON the pads themselves (some do) or if they're taking this from your brake fluid reservoir. In any case, check these items:
  1. Check brake fluid level, top off if needed
  2. Check both outer AND inner brake pad thicknesses. You may not be able to see your inner pad very well, but they can wear differently sometimes.
  3. Make sure your parking brake is 100% off (sometimes this can cause this light to turn on as well... don't ask me why)
kfergiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:52 PM   #3
2012 Solera

Have not had this happen, but of note mine went 80,000 miles on the first set of brakes.

I did have several dash warning lights - including brake warning lights - come on when the Electronic Stability Processor failed. In that case, vehicle would not shift out of first, and I ended up towed to a Mercedes dealer.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:16 PM   #4

Mine was shifting through gears just fine because it took about 30 minutes to get from where happen. Brake reservoir is full. I'm taking to Mercedes dealer tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:42 PM   #5

I've had the rear wheel spins sensors both fail and replaced under warranty. The brake like came on with the abs light. The brakes functioned normally but no abs (never comes on anyway) but also no cruise control. My Autel code reader diagnosed wheel spin sensor rather than a brake pressure problem so I Compleated the trips. The first was with at hard left turn from a stop. The other failed after going down the hairpin turns from the Maggie valley in the smokies. Separate trips. Brake lights aren't just another Mercedes problem. I had my braKe light come on with my Jeep toad 2 days before our current trip while sitting at a traffic light. The dealer was able to take me in that day and found it was only the parking break switch had shorted to ground causing the light to stay on but no major problem. Hopefully your light will be simple as well. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:36 PM   #6

Light never came on today. Took it to Mercedes dealer and they want to check brake system anyways just to be sure. I should get it back by Friday and will post follow up. Thanks for helping friends.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:04 PM   #7

Dealer found nothing with brake warning light. They've checked brake pads and brake sensors still in best shape.

Tags
light