Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2016, 07:39 AM   #1

Buying experience - 2016 Forester MBS 2401R

We did it! First I'd like to say thank you to the forum members, your advice and comments, and having such an active forum gave us some invaluable information before making such a big purchase. We felt like we knew what to look for, and what questions to ask through out the buying process. (I'm sure we will have many more as we go forward &#128512.

We purchased our RV from Reines RV in Manassas, VA. with the help of our salesman (Hayden) from our local Reines dealership. We went to check out the unit last Saturday, and were met by the General Manager (Doug), he walked us out to unit which they had washed and set up, he let us spend approximately 2 hrs just seeing how things worked, and playing with everything, he would check in with us periodically to see if we had questions, when he couldn't answer them he sent out their head technician (Tom) who also spent some quality time with us. We test drove it both on local roads and the highway. We agreed to purchase, set up the PDI inspection and pick up for yesterday (Friday, June 24th).

Drove back to Manassas yesterday (absolutely the worst part of the entire experience, not sure how folks deal with 95 traffic on a daily basis). They had the RV inside, water, electricity, etc all set up. Our walk through was done by Fred, he was very thorough starting with all things outside, and moving through the coach. He was methodical, and thoroughly explained everything, (including how to use the "facilities" &#128512 He found a couple of things, as did we - which were fixed right away to all of our satisfaction. Knowing we were newbies, Fred and another tech Larry, answered any and all questions and offered advice and information freely. Both told us to call them directly if we had any questions or problems going forward.

We have planned a "shakedown" night tonight in a local campground with full hook ups, Fred told us to make a list of anything we have questions about or find not working and give him a call. Overall the buying experience was great. Everyone that we dealt with at Reines seemed truly invested in turning over a trouble free unit.

We can't wait to get started!

Mike & Jani
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
mlbellanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:21 AM   #2

You are off to a great start, the only thing I would recommend that you do is to spend a day or two in your driveway or a campground (boondocking) so that you learn how things work when not attached to the services of a campground or your house. I have found you truly don't know a rig until you are disconnected from services. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:38 AM   #3

Reines RV is Great!

Congratulations on your new rig!

You chose a great dealer to purchase from.

I have purchased from Reines RV and I have used their service department several times. I have never been anything but satisfied with every aspect of Reines RV.

Bruce
Old 06-25-2016, 02:08 PM   #4

Congrats on your new Rig.
flocktothewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:20 PM   #5

Welcome to the R club.

2016 Solera 24R
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:51 PM   #6

Congrats!! It sounds like you found a great dealer. I knew nothing about RV's when I had my PDI two years ago with my 240S. I was lucky to have a very patient guy showing/ explaining to me. I was there by myself as a female trying to take notes and record everything. As they handed me the keys, downtown, next to the freeway,I thought, what was I ever thinking and what had I gotten myself into, how was I ever going to get it home crossing six states and the Rocky Mtns! That night exhausted after my red eye flight, just remembering where the power cord was and where to plug it in was an accomplishment. Each day I learned a little more. By the time I climbed my last mtn. home in the Sierras, I felt invinsible like I could accomplish anything. There is a huge learning curve. I continue to learn alot from this forum. Two years later, I have 19,000 mi. on my Solera and really love it. Enjoy!!
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:06 PM   #7

Thank you!

Thanks for the well wishes and advice! mtnlvr - I loved hearing about your experience, thank you for sharing. It can all seem a bit overwhelming, lots to learn/remember, and I think the best way is by doing. We did our shakedown trip last night and had a blast, (Which may or may not have to do with the local brewery next door to the campground) 😀 We made a list of a few things that we need to see the dealer about, but all fairly minor. We implemented something that I read on this forum, Mike takes care of breaking down outside and I'm responsible for inside, then we switch, we are then able to catch anything the other might have overlooked. Last night just made us even more excited about the next time!
mlbellanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:21 AM   #8

Welcome:
Don't forget any problem that you may come across there is a wealth of info on this forum and many good people with solutions for anything that may come up.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester