Old 03-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #11

There should be a pushbutton on the plate that you push to turn the power to the amplifier on/off. If on it will pass TV signal to both TVs. If off it will pass the cable signal to both TVs. Unless you have something different than the standard Winegard setup.

2016 Rockwood Signature Ultralight 8329SS Platinum
2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Crew Cab Duramax
TXFolkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:03 PM   #12

I'm not sure I understand the snow part. Your 2016 Sunseeker TVs would be digital. A poor digital signal is pixilated (broken random squares). Poor analog signals gives a snowy picture. Is it possible that the cable providers are still using analog? Have you queried other campers to see if they are having the same reception problems with cable?

Old 03-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #13
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Just behind the wall plate that includes the button to turn off/on the amplifier, I found a rat's nest of various coax connectors and splitters. Several were loose or not making good contact. I reseated all of them and the fuzz I had one none TV went away. My bet vis you have loose connections at that amp plate.
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFolkie View Post
There should be a pushbutton on the plate that you push to turn the power to the amplifier on/off. If on it will pass TV signal to both TVs. If off it will pass the cable signal to both TVs. Unless you have something different than the standard Winegard setup.
X2 find the power booster and turn it off (push button probably with green led) when on cable hookup, turn back on when on antenna. My '08 Sunseeker was a slide switch right in the switch plate, my '16 is a push button...
2014 - 37; 2015 - 58; 2016 - 64;
2017 - 51
mkekflyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #15

I checked both ends of the coax. Yes the cable provider where we're staying provided a analog signal. Note that the analog signal looks perfect on the front tv. Pushing the button on the coax plate would create the static picture on the front tv but had no affect on the rear whether the button was pushed or not.

This is what leads me to believe there is another hidden splitter or connection other than the ones on the plate.

This problem has been consistent at three different campgrounds, and because the tv works fine in the front, I know signal is good coming in the RV. Also because the rear tv works fine while on antenna (digital) I know the tv is working properly.

I ran the channel setup more than once on the static tv- I really feel it is a connection point I have not found.

Please let me know if you are aware of a connection point other than the plates on the front and back of the walls.

Thanks.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-29-2016, 07:01 AM   #16
Occasional campers

#@%^!! wiring

kysunseekermbs , your problem is most likely in the wiring. In our Rockwood 8319SS most of this is buried behind the entertainment center, so it's a pain to get to; have to go through the process to pull it out of the wall and then dig around through the rat's nest back there. We have had a similar problem ever since getting our trailer, and I've resorted to patching around parts of the network or just running a line from outside to the TV. In ours, I found bad connections at the plate coming in from outside, but that hasn't been the only problem. There is a separate coupler buried in there somewhere. They use some cheap stuff, so it may need to be replaced.
As a side thing, at one point our entertainment center died; no blown fuses at the power panel. After finally pulling the frappin' thing out of the wall, I discovered a fuse buried in line in the wiring. I replaced it and no more problem. Talk about a dumb design...
Old 03-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #17

You might also simply have a bad wallplate/amplifier/coupler unit. Pull the plate, disconnect the incoming Cable line and connect it directly to the line going to the bedroom TV with an F81 barrel. You can get one lots of places. They simply join 2 coax lines together. If the analog cable signal passes fine then you know it's the plate or a connection at the plate.

Those Winegard wallplates can easily go bad and I'd do that before I started chasing phantom splitters. If the TV signal gets to the bedroom just fine but the cable doesn't then it doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with the actual wiring. If you only have 1 coax connector at the bedroom wallplate and no outside TV connection then there wouldn't be any need for an additional splitter.

2016 Rockwood Signature Ultralight 8329SS Platinum
2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Crew Cab Duramax
TXFolkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #18
Occasional campers

Wallplates

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFolkie View Post
You might also simply have a bad wallplate/amplifier/coupler unit. Pull the plate, disconnect the incoming Cable line and connect it directly to the line going to the bedroom TV with an F81 barrel. You can get one lots of places. They simply join 2 coax lines together. If the analog cable signal passes fine then you know it's the plate or a connection at the plate.

Those Winegard wallplates can easily go bad and I'd do that before I started chasing phantom splitters. If the TV signal gets to the bedroom just fine but the cable doesn't then it doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with the actual wiring. If you only have 1 coax connector at the bedroom wallplate and no outside TV connection then there wouldn't be any need for an additional splitter.
I thought for a while that that (the wall plate) might be it with ours; it wasn't.
I tried a long time ago complaining to the dealer; they thought everything was just ducky (NOT). I tried replacing the plate, without success. The only thing left is the wiring. And considering the connections I had to re-do at the plate to outside, I won't be at all shocked if I find more sloppy work.
Unfortunately, I'm at a disadvantage when working on our rig, because there's no good place to park it near our house. Both our cul-de-sac and our driveway are on a significant slope; and working on it at the trailer lot requires that the neighbor's storage spot be open so I can run the slide out. Even then, at the lot I have no cable source to feed it; only the antenna, which works just fine. Arrrgh.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:55 AM   #19
Pickin' & Campin'

I agree with TXFolkie, likely a bad Wall Plate/Amplifier.
If you only have ONE jack in the bedroom, it comes from the main wall plate/amplifier.
So if it shows good picture in the bedroom when selected to antenna (pwr. button on) but no good when amplifier is turned off, the likely culprit is the wall plate/amplifier.

The wall plate/amplifier is simply a splitter and video switch for the bedroom outlet.
See THIS LINK for the manual on a typical Winegard Wall plate/Amplifier for how it works.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #20

My recollection is that my Solera 24R has a cable splitter under the kitchen sink - accessible by removing one (or more) of the drawers. The splitter there connects to the outside cable connection and then, I think, back to the bedroom. One thing you might look at is whether the outside cable connection has the same problems as the bedroom.

Dave