Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2018, 06:30 PM   #1

Captains Chair Replacement in Mercedes Sunseeker

Hello all and thanks in advance for any feedback. Just purchased 18 Sunseeker 2400. Like the coach but not a huge fan of the front captains chairs. Has anyone successfully replaced them? If so which seats, where did you purchase and were you able to use the swivel brackets that came with the RV? Our biggest complaint is the stock seats don’t seem to be very deep front to back. Feel as if too much of the thigh is off the seat. Thanks for the read and any feedback.
Thechipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:20 AM   #2

I think this is the first post I have seen complaining about the comfort of the MBS seats for driver / passenger. Because of this, I don't think you are going to find much in the way of response for (complete) replacement seats, other than taking these out and to an upholster to maybe have them modified to your like??
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 02:58 PM   #3

The Sprinter Store has an "air ride suspension" replacement seat, but it ain't cheap:
https://www.sprinterstore.com/produc...spension-seat/
You might google around a bit for sprinter seats or something...

Dave
Old 04-21-2018, 11:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechipsta View Post
Hello all and thanks in advance for any feedback. Just purchased 18 Sunseeker 2400. Like the coach but not a huge fan of the front captains chairs. Has anyone successfully replaced them? If so which seats, where did you purchase and were you able to use the swivel brackets that came with the RV? Our biggest complaint is the stock seats don’t seem to be very deep front to back. Feel as if too much of the thigh is off the seat. Thanks for the read and any feedback.
I know the feeling. The seats set sort of flat. I shimmed mine on the front to lift the front of the seat and it made a big difference for me, being 6'5". It gave me support at the thighs.
I used 2 small shims on each side rather than one large shim, so I could retain the factory bolts and also so the bolt holes would align. Shims are made of metal tube.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180421_113446189.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	334.1 KB
ID:	169053  
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mercedes, replacement, sunseeker