Old 09-08-2016, 10:12 AM   #181

One of the relays that are on the plate.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #182

More spare parts to carry

Old 09-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #183

Looks that way or put them in a dry location or box.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:23 PM   #184

Just to inform you that the modification I did last July is still working very well. I did few trips in all kind of weather and no problem at all! See page 16.

I did not wait for the solution to the recall because my Sunseeker would still be parked in my driveway.

Les retraitÚs, un monde de vie!
Retirees, a world full of life!
Polariste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:46 PM   #185

Controller Similar Fix

Have a similar fix:
Went through two Curt controllers after wrapping all with boxes and sealant, both failed within 2 weeks apart. Then FR sent me a Hopkins controller with connectors about 2 months ago. Wrapped the controller, connectors and relay with vulcanized rubber tape, installed with tie wraps on a top ledge above the flat plate. Resistors are still original location. Has been working since, as well as through tropical storm Julia this last weekend in North Florida.
Alas still waiting for the FR recall solution.
Currently experiencing a waterfall from a fiberglass front cap leak into the mercedes cabin overhead, also a broken door step electrical motor.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:51 PM   #186

Cont.

Understand cannot wait on FR. Use my 2400W better than 50% of the time this last year. Trying to figure out to get or not any extended service plan, have read quite a few horror stories.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:56 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishheads View Post
Have a similar fix:

Went through two Curt controllers after wrapping all with boxes and sealant, both failed within 2 weeks apart. Then FR sent me a Hopkins controller with connectors about 2 months ago. Wrapped the controller, connectors and relay with vulcanized rubber tape, installed with tie wraps on a top ledge above the flat plate. Resistors are still original location. Has been working since, as well as through tropical storm Julia this last weekend in North Florida.

Alas still waiting for the FR recall solution.

Currently experiencing a waterfall from a fiberglass front cap leak into the mercedes cabin overhead, also a broken door step electrical motor.

Have you looked under the step there are a few loose wires by the step motor I could see one not having a good connection.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickc View Post
It looked like the water had gone into the base of the relay along side of the wires. It then went through the bottom of the relay where the male spade connectors come through the plastic. The upper part of the relay was completely full of water/corrosion. My relay was mounted upside down so gravity helped the water along its way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
That may be the problem with them all!
After reading the threads about the Curt controller and the relay mounted nearby, I'm also wondering if this is really a controller relay issue and not the controller itself.

Just my thoughts.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:21 PM   #189

If the controller is sealed, then it should not be that. But connectors that are missing seals and relays that should be water proof, then I would look at then first. Relays can be under the hood but should be protected anywhere in the open. I have seen them outside on the front of trailers. The connectors should be checked for the seals. Only then would I check the controller. Also check wires that go through the body for helmets or sealer.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:43 PM   #190

Went out this past wet weekend and when I got home I noticed the right tail light stayed on so I figured a I had the curt issue. Went under today to get the light off. Unplugged what I think is a relay and it stayed lit so I plugged it back in. Unplugged the trailer side of the curt next and the light on the motorhome went out which puzzles me. No sign of moisture either. The curt trailer side shouldn't have an effect on the MH lights??

SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, light