Old 09-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #191

Yes it will because it gets the signal from the curt to work the trailer lights.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #192
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmbs View Post
Went out this past wet weekend and when I got home I noticed the right tail light stayed on so I figured a I had the curt issue.
This happened to me this past week. The left tail light stayed on for a couple of days when we camped at King's Canyon NP. It was off on the third day, still in the park. No rain or moisture but it was freezing cold. I monitored both chassis and house batteries (I don't know which one the curt is powered with), and it didn't draw very much power. This is the second curt controller replaced 10 months ago. I don't know what to do with it since the problem has seemed to gone away.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #193

When my Curtis failed I replaced it with the Hopkins 46370. I understand this is the part FR will be using. No problem since. For me it was easier than dealing with the morons at the dealer. About $40 and cut a soldered the wires to the original connectors.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:58 PM   #194

Auto correct strikes again. Should read Curt, not Curtis.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:13 PM   #195
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philrisl View Post
When my Curtis failed I replaced it with the Hopkins 46370. I understand this is the part FR will be using. No problem since. For me it was easier than dealing with the morons at the dealer. About $40 and cut a soldered the wires to the original connectors.
Thanks. I may do that too. Can you explain in more detail how you replace it? Is it straightforward?
Old 09-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #196

It is straight forward. It amounts to cutting the connectors from the Curt leaving enough to solder and heat shrink to the Hopkins. No real change in the wiring diagram.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #197

What's happening with the factory recall for the curt controller?

2016 Forester 2401W newbie
Old 10-01-2016, 06:16 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachsailor View Post
What's happening with the factory recall for the curt controller?

2016 Forester 2401W newbie

The recall notices have been mailed. You will be notified further when suitable replacement parts are ready to be installed. (Try have to test and qualify the new parts then build a sufficient number of them.)

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 29; RV to date: 32
Old 10-08-2016, 09:49 PM   #199

Coachman is a division of Forest River and they make Sprinter based motorhome yet they are not included in the recall. They even have LED taillights. What are they doing differently? More important why can't Coachman share their solution. I imagine that it works. Just thinkin'.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:03 PM   #200

Hi

I too have received an official recall notice for the Curt Controller Problem dated Aug 12 2016. My dealer has stated that FR still does not have a solution for this problem. It is now OCT 13 2016 and still nothing is solved. I think it is time for all of us to file a additional complaint with the NHTSA people to get FR moving on this very important safety issue. I have not had the problem so far but that is only because my unit has been in storage for the past several months. I refuse to drive it because of this problem. I am beginning to feel that this may become an "LEMON LAW" issue.

In addition I am too old to be able to get under my MH to make adjustments to the controller. I have health reasons with my legs and hips that makes it impossible to make some of the listed remedies that are in this tread. I also have no knowledge of these electrical circuits that might be involved. So I am relying on FR and my dealer to get this corrected.

So if you are listening FR "GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER" and GET THIS SOLVED.
Bill

Tags
controller, light