Old 10-10-2017, 05:10 AM   #1

dinette to sofa conversion

I own a 2401 WS with a dinette. Has anyone converted the dinette to a sofa or recliners? If so, who was the supplier? Was it DIY project or not?

Thanks for any replies!

kirb1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:44 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. you might try using the search box at the upper right of this page to find articles on just what you are wanting to do.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:04 AM   #3

Dinette to sofa

We did our MBS 24ft sunseeker best remodel idea yet. We found the sofa on flexsteel rv sofa is a 68in wide and a double bed also. LOVE IT.
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #4

Hi Peter would post some pictures when it is into bed. I just want to see space if it is enough to walk through to the bathroom? Is it hard to modify it from dinette?
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #5

Raptor you can get past the end of the bed when open, not walking normal but there is room to get through side stepping. Also we have talked before about mh carport. Had this work done at. Dave&LJs in Woodland WA . You can look then up on the net. I drove down there and they did the work in one day. They had the sofa bed in stock. Did a great job. Located on I5 by Mt Saint Helens
Old 10-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersb View Post
Raptor you can get past the end of the bed when open, not walking normal but there is room to get through side stepping. Also we have talked before about mh carport. Had this work done at. Dave&LJs in Woodland WA . You can look then up on the net. I drove down there and they did the work in one day. They had the sofa bed in stock. Did a great job. Located on I5 by Mt Saint Helens

Canít get pic right now sorry but the measurement from head to toe of bed is 76Ē
Old 10-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb1053 View Post
I own a 2401 WS with a dinette. Has anyone converted the dinette to a sofa or recliners? If so, who was the supplier? Was it DIY project or not?

Thanks for any replies!

It could be a diy project I had mine done. Depending on your MH they had to relocate the Woffer for my sound system located under the drawers of my dinette. Having it done they also took the dinette and gave me 200.00 for it. For pic of sofa there are some floating around on this forum somewhere.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb1053 View Post

Thanks for any replies!
I can't help you; I want to do the same. I posted so that I will get sent any additional replies. Thanks for asking the question.
lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:24 PM   #9

dinette to sofa change

I would like to change mine the other way. Sofa to dinette/bed. if you have any pics of old one would be appreciated
23irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:46 PM   #10

In our 2011 Coachmen Concord, we took out the dinette and replaced it with a Lazy Boy recliner love seat. We also took out the jack knife sofa and custom built a dinette. The main driver for this was the "pleather" material was flaking off and the sofa was uncomfortable. I find the Lazy Boy recliner much more comfortable than any standard RV furniture.
Drew Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:00 AM   #11

Dinette Conversion

We moved from 20 years of boating to a 2401R in May. We soon found that although the dinette seemed practical, it was too small as a bed (our dogs liked it) and it was very uncomfortable and there was no where to relax or watch the TV.

I recently ordered a Lambright Harrison theater seat. It can seat 3, but has two recliners with a drawer under the smaller center seating area. The center folds down into a drink holder tray. We had Lambright add two of their cherry fold away computer trays to the outside arms. They use the trays on their recliners. The set up is 68" and fits perfectly. They also matched the ultra leather color. The theater seats were made for RVs so the backs, the bases and the center section all are separate so they fit through the door easily. Great quality. Purchased from Josh at Coach Supply $2150.

The dinette came out fairly easily, although I was dismayed by the quality and workmanship. Materials were very cheap and put together with little care. There were screws, staples, sawdust, wood, and metal shavings that no one cleaned out. Took pictures and completely dissembled so the dinette could be stored flat, in case a future owner wanted the dinette. The seat belt bracket was very well made and through bolted to the slide. Trying to figure out how to reuse it.
Dawgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:12 AM   #12

Any suggestions on how to securely attach the seats to the slide, I would like to through bolt it, but I am not sure if I should remove the slide platform to do that. I want to make sure if I do that, I can reattach it!
Old 10-19-2017, 05:09 PM   #13

Love to see pics of that considering doing something similar on mine.
gmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #14
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgman View Post
We moved from 20 years of boating to a 2401R in May. We soon found that although the dinette seemed practical, it was too small as a bed (our dogs liked it) and it was very uncomfortable and there was no where to relax or watch the TV.

I recently ordered a Lambright Harrison theater seat. It can seat 3, but has two recliners with a drawer under the smaller center seating area. The center folds down into a drink holder tray. We had Lambright add two of their cherry fold away computer trays to the outside arms. They use the trays on their recliners. The set up is 68" and fits perfectly. They also matched the ultra leather color. The theater seats were made for RVs so the backs, the bases and the center section all are separate so they fit through the door easily. Great quality. Purchased from Josh at Coach Supply $2150.

The dinette came out fairly easily, although I was dismayed by the quality and workmanship. Materials were very cheap and put together with little care. There were screws, staples, sawdust, wood, and metal shavings that no one cleaned out. Took pictures and completely dissembled so the dinette could be stored flat, in case a future owner wanted the dinette. The seat belt bracket was very well made and through bolted to the slide. Trying to figure out how to reuse it.

Oh I want to do this so badly but we hate to lose the 2 big drawers. I am thinking of going to foam place (Friendly Foam in Seattle) and having cushions re-made, we talked to them at a boat show and it sounds promising, but Iím not sure how much that will really help. Spend all that and itís still uncomfortable? We are planning on traveling for at least a year. Itís got to be better than right now.

The foam people said they could slant the backs but I would still like for dinette, if we keep it, to make into a bed. Slanted cushions arenít going to achieve that. I made a lot of down sofa pillows but my husband is not so happy with all the pillows idea.

There are some lovely dinette to recliner options here I will find them and post here.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #15

Dinette convertion

Iíll post some pictures this weekend.

Just to give some on-site in my thinking.
The dream dinette support bars got in the way if you tried to put your feet up on the opposite cushion. Two people on one side was very tight. The top of the seat back hit way too low.
Convertion cons : lose drawers, lose table.

Options : Recliners , most comfort. Swivel recliner issue with securing chairs, safety when using during travel.

Couch/loveseat, would give me option for bed, most seating
Easier to secure, custom look. Need to add separate table or use trays.

Theater seats, two recliners, easier to secure and add seatbelts. Could squeeze in three ( for travel). Pull down center section tray, side trays for meals and adding one smaller drawer back. Wall away needs only 3 in. Custom look.

Our coach will be used as a couples coach 90% of the time.
We wanted to be able to take the grand kids for weekend trips( not their parents!!! They can use a tent.) The cabover works for 2 gd kids and storage when just the two of us.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:19 PM   #16
Sunseeker 2400MBW

here is a link to another thread about this:

2251 dinette transformation to "lounge"

I kinda want to do this but that table is 90% of the counter space and the 2 big drawers are valuable.
This company has some very nice options

RV Furniture, Boat Furniture, Flexsteel, Flexsteel Furniture, Villa, Palliser, Lafer, Lambright, Leather Furniture, Bradd & Hall - Bradd and Hall

Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote