Old 08-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #1

Dual-Axle and RV appliance noise - AARRRGGGHHH !

We took a 5 day trip across the Ohio Turnpike over to the Indiana Turnpike, and then north into the west shore of Michigan. The turnpike roads were absolutely horrible - especially all the thousands of breaks in the pavement as our dual-axle launched over them.

I dropped my tire pressures from 71psi back down to 61 psi cold, and that made a noticeable difference, but I wish there was something else I could do to the rear-end in particular to make it more forgiving. The front-end was perfectly behaved. We have done all the usual stuff -- sumo springs, bilstein shocks, upgraded antisway bar.

The end result is that after 6 hours of torturous roads, now our stove and microwave squeak so badly that I'm going to have to take them apart and figure out what can be done to quiet them down.

The Stove/Oven in particular is a very poor design with respect to preventing noise. Tab's in the top rear don't match up to the slots in the stove frame, the front tab on the top piece doesn't hold to the stove frame in front, etc. Really disappointed that a 2015 stove is so poorly engineered for movement. I don't know if any improvements or a replacement would make a difference or not.

Finally, we have two frameless windows that somehow work their cranks a little lose over time and have to be re-cranked. Does anyone have a solution for this ?

Thanks to anyone who has some suggestions !

nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
We took a 5 day trip across the Ohio Turnpike over to the Indiana Turnpike, and then north into the west shore of Michigan. The turnpike roads were absolutely horrible - especially all the thousands of breaks in the pavement as our dual-axle launched over them.

I dropped my tire pressures from 71psi back down to 61 psi cold, and that made a noticeable difference, but I wish there was something else I could do to the rear-end in particular to make it more forgiving. The front-end was perfectly behaved. We have done all the usual stuff -- sumo springs, bilstein shocks, upgraded antisway bar.

The end result is that after 6 hours of torturous roads, now our stove and microwave squeak so badly that I'm going to have to take them apart and figure out what can be done to quiet them down.

The Stove/Oven in particular is a very poor design with respect to preventing noise. Tab's in the top rear don't match up to the slots in the stove frame, the front tab on the top piece doesn't hold to the stove frame in front, etc. Really disappointed that a 2015 stove is so poorly engineered for movement. I don't know if any improvements or a replacement would make a difference or not.

Finally, we have two frameless windows that somehow work their cranks a little lose over time and have to be re-cranked. Does anyone have a solution for this ?

Thanks to anyone who has some suggestions !

The bottom line is that we are driving a truck, and all the tweaks you have done do not change those big old leaf springs in the back.

I have read about VB air suspension... Advanced RV uses this system on their conversions, and the reviews have been very positive... here is a link...

http://www.vbairsuspensionusa.com/up...%203500(1).pdf

Would love to hear from anyone who has done the conversion on an MBS class C.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400w
On the road to Land Between the Lakes, KY to view the eclipse!

Tags
axle, noise