Old 03-28-2019, 07:27 PM   #1

Dump valves pushing door open

Hey guys I v seen a post or 2 about this I have a sunseeker 2400 mbs 2018 this winter the dump valves have extended out so the door will not shut. I though it was ice but once I defrosted it they still were overextended. I read that the cable can not be adjusted. So I made a plate to reduce the length. I asked the service manager about it a lazydays denver and he never heard of this issue.. is this unique to my unit .. just curious
Bob

Livin the dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:44 AM   #2

The handle sometimes will stick out because the valve is not fully closed.

Paper can cause the problem, the cure is to hit the handle with your hand to close the valve.

Next time at a campsite with a dump , empty , fill the tanks and cycle the handle while only discharging water.

Many bus conversions use the Dupree valves , expensive but they seldom give problems.
Manual Valve and Parts - Dupree Products

https://www.dupreeproducts.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=3
The Twis-Loc termination system provides a truly durable sewer hose connection. Six sturdy lugs secure the 45° adapter to the lug ring, providing a leak tight ...

FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
Senior

I had this same problem with my Forester MBS 2401WS. The grey and black tanks are on the curb side and use a
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:01 AM   #4
Drew

I had the same problem on my 2019 Forester MBS. Dealer was useless. Figured out that you can adjust the whole cable assembly where it goes through the plastic box where the handles are. Take off the T handles, loosen the nut that you can see (next to the white box) as far out as it will go and still hold the assembly in place. Then go behind the white box and tighten the nut there. This gave me just enough clearance for the door to be locked and stay shut.
OregonForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:05 AM   #5
Senior

Sorry for clicking send. Anyway there is a cable to connect the handle on the street side to the curb side valve. There is a set screw secures the inner wire of the cable to the valve that can adjust the length of the cable and prevent the handle(s) from pushing the door open. Not knowing this I unscrewed the handle. Cut off some of the rod that the handle is attached to. Drilled deeper and retapped the rod and reinstalled the handle.

The door still popped open!!! The cam on the lock that holds the door shut barely engages when locked. My final solution was to put a screw in the frame of the door so the cam will fit behind both the slot and the screw. The screw can be adjusted to provide more engagement behind the cam.

Bob Fraser
2017 MBS 2401WS
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:03 PM   #6

Out of curiosity, if you have a 2018 model, you are probably still under warranty. Why not just take it back to the dealer and have them fix it?
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:56 PM   #7

I have an appointment fir mid April for artic PAC not working and when I mentioned the dump valves handle they said they had not heard of that problem and would have look at and get warranty authorization before they could fix it. I did not want to leave it as we are heading out a week late. It was an easy fix cost about $10 for parts and about an hour. The drive to lazy days for me is almost 2 hours each way .. thought I would give it a try before bring it to them .
Old 04-04-2019, 12:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailski View Post
Sorry for clicking send. Anyway there is a cable to connect the handle on the street side to the curb side valve. There is a set screw secures the inner wire of the cable to the valve that can adjust the length of the cable and prevent the handle(s) from pushing the door open. Not knowing this I unscrewed the handle. Cut off some of the rod that the handle is attached to. Drilled deeper and retapped the rod and reinstalled the handle.

The door still popped open!!! The cam on the lock that holds the door shut barely engages when locked. My final solution was to put a screw in the frame of the door so the cam will fit behind both the slot and the screw. The screw can be adjusted to provide more engagement behind the cam.

Bob Fraser
2017 MBS 2401WS
Thank you for the fix tip, Bob. I have the same issue. Only happens in colder temps.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:03 PM   #9

Quick fix

I unscrewed the cable and mounted a metal plate from the back. It allows me adjust it to the correct depth then screw the plate in from behind . So far it working well I'll see if I need to readjust it when it warms up. Heading back east next week . Hopefully this would solve the problem.

Tags
door, valve