Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Total Loss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post


I have already talked to my local trailer guy and they will install the controller if I want them to. Worst case scenerio if they have to run wiring from the 7 pin connector to the front of the vehicle is $300 complete,
Probably could be done simply.
Just do not tap into the can-bus system for the brake, positive and negative.
2 wires should run from the rear- one connected to the brake tab on your 7 pin, one connected to the taillamp brake wire on the ANALOG side (tap into the brake wire on one of the taillamps).
Those 2 wires should run up to the controller.
12 volt and negative should be connected from the controller directly to the battery.

This is how I would do it after discussions with my Mercedes guru.
If you want to power down- pull the plug from the backside of the controller when sitting.

This keeps the system off the digital can-bus wiring system.
$300 seems a little steep.
Make sure he knows Mercs .
__________________

__________________
"If you are going through hell..keep going"
W. Churchill
Total Loss is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 05:28 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod2Vibe View Post
Base Sprinter cutaways do not come with a tow package.

We were just passing along the best way to accomplish adding a brake controller in an MBS, per your request.

Maybe you don't understand the device. Once the handheld is paired to the controller, it is locked. Never know though, a hacker could be tailgating you and somehow know you have a Prodigy RF. They could then force you to stop and put it in pairing mode, which is a three step process that includes powering the unit down and holding down the brake pedal, etc..

FWIW, in addition to the buddy of Total Loss, google how many people have damaged their German vehicles electronics by having someone cut into their wires for a brake controller. Would hate to see you lose the use of your brand new rig, once you receive it.
I appreciate your concern and I will take it into consideration.

NOW can we PLEASE KEEP THIS TOPIC ON SUBJECT

instead of telling not to do this or that, IF YOU DON'T have the INFORMATION I SEEK,, please REFRAIN FROM CLUTTERING UP THIS THREAD just to KEEP REHASHING THINGS PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY SAID.

THE ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS

does anyone have either a 2015 oe 2016 MB Sprinter chassis motorhome
AND
have they HAD A BRAKE CONTROLLER INSTALLED IN IT.
if so
WHAT DID THE DEALERSHIP CHARGE
I you did it yourself
IS THERE A BRAKE CONTROLLER HARNESS RUN TO THE CAB AREA
and
WHERE IS IT LOCATED

now fellow forum users.

CAN YOU COMPREHEND THE QUESTIONS I HAVE JUST ASKED
if so
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CHANGING THE SUBJECT
for
OTHERS MAY BE INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT
if THERE IS A HARNESS
and
WHERE IT IS LOCATED
__________________

__________________
ShermanD is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 05:45 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 134
WoW! .....no good deed goes unpunished......all GOOD info.
__________________
Unencumbered By The Thought Process
tande is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 06:17 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9
I got the Prodigy RF on my Mercedes GL Bluetec. It works great without having to tap into the mercedes wiring harness and also my dash.
__________________
Goalieken is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Pod2Vibe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dublin Ranch, CA
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
I appreciate your concern and I will take it into consideration.

NOW can we PLEASE KEEP THIS TOPIC ON SUBJECT

instead of telling not to do this or that, IF YOU DON'T have the INFORMATION I SEEK,, please REFRAIN FROM CLUTTERING UP THIS THREAD just to KEEP REHASHING THINGS PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY SAID.

THE ORIGINAL QUESTION WAS

does anyone have either a 2015 oe 2016 MB Sprinter chassis motorhome
AND
have they HAD A BRAKE CONTROLLER INSTALLED IN IT.
if so
WHAT DID THE DEALERSHIP CHARGE
I you did it yourself
IS THERE A BRAKE CONTROLLER HARNESS RUN TO THE CAB AREA
and
WHERE IS IT LOCATED

now fellow forum users.

CAN YOU COMPREHEND THE QUESTIONS I HAVE JUST ASKED
if so
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CHANGING THE SUBJECT
for
OTHERS MAY BE INTERESTED IN FINDING OUT
if THERE IS A HARNESS
and
WHERE IT IS LOCATED
Hey Newbie, All Caps is not necessary and no one was off topic. No one was telling you what to do, either. Just passing along good info for all.

Btw, you may want to check the community rules about All Caps in the Posting standards section, as it is very frowned upon.

Fyi, Fellow MBS owners are here to help. Since you don't have your MBS yet, might not be a good idea to turn off members that do. Just sayin'

Cheers,
__________________
Pod2Vibe
2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped
TOAD: 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 06:57 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
namusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Posts: 144
ShermanD
No one on this forum has any information that is helpful or acceptable to you. Contact your local dealer and they will provide you with the level of service you deserve.
__________________
namusmc is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 07:14 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Total Loss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc View Post
ShermanD
No one on this forum has any information that is helpful or acceptable to you. Contact your local dealer and they will provide you with the level of service you deserve.
Bet they can't wait for Sherman...at 165/hr.
My bud was quoted $500 install from the stealer....bargain.
__________________
"If you are going through hell..keep going"
W. Churchill
Total Loss is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 08:29 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Pod2Vibe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dublin Ranch, CA
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
Bet they can't wait for Sherman...at 165/hr.
My bud was quoted $500 install from the stealer....bargain.
No doubt.

See that is the thing about the Prodigy RF "Brake Controller", You install it yourself for $0 and yes it works great with the MBS in addition to my Audi Q5 TDI. (or any other vehicle that you need to use to tow said trailer)

Criteria met:

Brake Controller Installed in 2015 MBS - Check

Install Cost - $0 - Check (DIY, no dealer needed, mount controller box on trailer with included hardware, plug in and pair with handheld remote, done)

Remote can mount on dash of 2015 MBS (or any other year) but is also totally mobile - Check

Bonus round:

Best purchase ever - Check
__________________
Pod2Vibe
2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped
TOAD: 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 10:12 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 353
I guess I am just wasting my time on this site.. hope your happy, you chased another one away.
__________________
ShermanD is offline  
Old 03-02-2016, 11:26 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Total Loss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
I guess I am just wasting my time on this site.. hope your happy, you chased another one away.
BTW...My buds Mbs is a 2015.
I was trying to give you advice on the Merc can bus digital systems which do not function like a typical Ford or Chevy and can cost you dearly if you do not understand them.
I happen to know the mechanic that screwed up my friends rig-he is no schlub. Just not familiar with the merc system.

Folks were trying to help you. You seem to have the attitude.
Good luck with your endeavors.
Sorry I wasted my time.
__________________

__________________
"If you are going through hell..keep going"
W. Churchill
Total Loss is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
brake control, controller, electric, brakes

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.