Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 05:20 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
BTW...My buds Mbs is a 2015.
I was trying to give you advice on the Merc can bus digital systems which do not function like a typical Ford or Chevy and can cost you dearly if you do not understand them.
I happen to know the mechanic that screwed up my friends rig-he is no schlub. Just not familiar with the merc system.

Folks were trying to help you. You seem to have the attitude.
Good luck with your endeavors.
Sorry I wasted my time.
Now you say your friend has a 2015 MBS but never even mentioned it before. Instead of answering the question I asked as to whether the brake controller wiring harness was installed and where it was located, you went into a spiel about how I should handle the brake controller installation.

What you did do is tell me it should be your way or the highway and you have done it most every time someone has asked the similar question. It almost appears as though you have a list of CUT AND PASTE answers, like spammers in newsgroups do.

Trying to help would be answering the simple questions I asked, IF they knew the answer. Instead they HIJACKED the post just like they have time and time again.

so who has the attitude?
Old 03-03-2016, 07:36 AM   #22

I also am pretty new to the MBS chassis and this forum

I have been active in many similar forums for years. This is a good group of folks, and they are often very helpful, and have never been disrespectful to me or on any other thread that I have read. They may not always give me an exact answer, but more times than not, steer me in a better direction than I was headed, and I certainly appreciate that, and have ended up making better decisions as a result.

Sherman - the messages 3, 12, 19, and 21 in this thread are either slightly, or very disrespectful to other members contributing to this thread. If this was your intention, then I will ask the forum moderator to close this thread. If this was not your intention, we ask that you more carefully word your messages, as they are coming across badly, and the good folks here will probably stop talking to you. I'd hate to see that happen

If you don't get exactly what you want, give it a '2' and move on to contacting a dealer or the factory directly, but please don't dis these folks, they are trying to help you, because they own and love these products, and want others to also.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
I have been active in many similar forums for years. This is a good group of folks, and they are often very helpful, and have never been disrespectful to me or on any other thread that I have read. They may not always give me an exact answer, but more times than not, steer me in a better direction than I was headed, and I certainly appreciate that, and have ended up making better decisions as a result.

Sherman - the messages 3, 12, 19, and 21 in this thread are either slightly, or very disrespectful to other members contributing to this thread. If this was your intention, then I will ask the forum moderator to close this thread. If this was not your intention, we ask that you more carefully word your messages, as they are coming across badly, and the good folks here will probably stop talking to you. I'd hate to see that happen

If you don't get exactly what you want, give it a '2' and move on to contacting a dealer or the factory directly, but please don't dis these folks, they are trying to help you, because they own and love these products, and want others to also.
If I could close the thread myself, I would, It doesn't contain any different responses to the same questions that have been asked for several years.

I had hoped that someone actually had an answer instead of an opinion, but i was sadly mistaken.

Consider the thread closed, I am unsubscribing to it and will not respond to any further opinions.

If anyone has an answer to the following questions feel free to private message me with them

Have you had a dealer install brake controller on your 2105-2016 MB Sprinter chassis motorhome? If so what brand did they install and what was the cost.

Does your 2015-2016 MB Sprinter chassis motorhome have a factory installed electric brake controller wiring harness located in the driver compartment?
If so where is it located.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:13 AM   #24

UPDATE, don't let the naysayers scare you, Your dealer can install a brake controller

You have probably been inundated with naysayers and the dangers of installing a brake controller on a Sprinter chasis, You may have herd about the NON HACK who destroyed his computer by attempting the istall. IT CAN BE DONE.
I WILL WARN YOU RIGHT NOW though to AVOID POSSIBLE WARRANTY PROBLEMS either have your Forest River dealer do the install or take your Sprinter to a MBS dealer and have them do it. NOW IF YOUR WARRANTY IS OVER AND YOU WANT TO DO THE INSTALL YOURSELF, I will tell you the SECRET TO SUCCESS and AVOIDING MBS WARRANTY ISSUES.

DO NOT PICK UP THE STOP LIGHT SIGNAL FROM THE BRAKE SWITCH LIKE MOST INSTRUCTIONS WILL TELL YOU TO DO. instead run a wire to the back of the vehicle and pick up the brake light signal from the Seven pin trailer connector. This keeps you clear of the MBS Electronics. I cannot divulge exactly which source this information came from, BUT IT CAME FROM THE PROPER SOURCE.

If you want to go the Forest River dealership route which is what I did. You can most likely have a Tekonosha Prodigy P2 ,including installation, and necessary parts, for about $250.

PS --- on the 2016 Sprinter Chassis, you will find the Brake wiring harness that Forest River installed located under the Drivers seat.

Hope this helps clear up this issue. BTW DON'T BELIEVE THE NAYSAYERS, IF IN DOUBT ASK YOUR FOREST RIVER DEALERS SERVICE DEPARTMENT, THEY KNOW WHO TO CONTACT CONCERNING THIS INSTALLATION
Old 05-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #25
Site Team

This thread has been closed by the Site Team.

Zelda the campin dog
Closed Thread

Tags
brake control, controller, electric, brakes