Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2018, 08:43 PM   #1

Espresso machine

I want to wake in the park with the best cup of coffee in the morning. What espresso machine did you buy and why?
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
I want to wake in the park with the best cup of coffee in the morning. What espresso machine did you buy and why?
This is all we use. Its simple and no power needed, just a burner. If you want a cappuccino or macchiato, we foam some warm milk in a French press.

Bialetti 6-Cup Stovetop Espresso Maker https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CNY6UK..._gJLABb02A3C14
corocky1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:14 PM   #3

Most recent is a Nespresso Vertuoline by Breville (the one with the two containers on the sides for water and capsules) -- had the one with the water cylinder and that tank leaks - no issues with the new one.

Got with the milk frothing accessory as well.

Many different types of coffee - espresso - cappuccino in the new vertuoline types. The old one was just espresso.

Frother warms and froths both - or can just froth and leave the milk cold if you like.

The pods have bar codes which set the amount of water / temp / etc. for each one when you make it. So double espresso pod makes twice as much as normal espresso one, etc. etc.

One drawback is the pods are only available from their boutiques or online (essentially online for me where we are in Ohio).

About $1 per cup but tastes quite good. Espresso blends are less expensive.

Quick - no fuss - pods are recyclable since they are all aluminum with coffee inside.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:44 AM   #4

The expresso pot is by far the best solution , as it is fast and easy to clean.

My only suggestion is to purchase a SS unit never an aluminum model.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #5

Aeropress is our favorite. I use it at home, in the MH and at the cottage. Great coffee every time. You can do espresso or regular depending on your grind.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...7mSe59zscCTUcW
backdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:23 PM   #6

We also have the Nespresso Vertuoline. As others have said, it comes with a milk frother. It is also simple to keep clean and looks smart too. The coffee pods come in a variety of strengths and can even be recycled (or at least in Canada we can mail them back to Nespresso at no charge).

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #7

The Nespresso Vertuoline it's. That is the one I've seen is local Costco. One cup of real good Espresso will make an old man very happy. Thanks for all your input friends.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 06:09 AM   #8

Espresso machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
The Nespresso Vertuoline it's. That is the one I've seen is local Costco. One cup of real good Espresso will make an old man very happy. Thanks for all your input friends.

If you are going that route make sure it is the one that looks like this. As I mentioned there is another model where the pods drop out the back and the water container is a cylinder. They tried a couple water containers and I tried different gaskets but it still leaked out and onto the counter.

No issues at all with the one below since we swapped.

Yes that is my big kitchen aid mixer next to it. Nothing better with the coffee than toast from homemade bread [emoji3]

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1533899217.250305.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	182778
Old 08-10-2018, 06:54 AM   #9

IMO the Rancilio Silvia is the best small espresso maker for the money. Any similar model is relatively heavy but this one makes great espresso and isn't TOO heavy. If you want smaller, lighter and don't mind a stove top method then the Bialetti works well. The downside of the Rancilio Silvia is that you'll inevitably end up making new espresso-loving friends at each campground.
seakayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:05 AM   #10

Tough question.

French press is the best coffee. Cheap pot. My daughter has a fancy countertop water heater. Fast coffe.

At home we have a Jura machine. Big, heaven, and expensive. Makes everything wonderful. Grinds the beans and makes coffe. Puts used grounds in a container. Had one at home 15 years!

In our fiver we have a Kuerig. French roast k cups from Costco. Coffe is strong. You could use minimum water and have good sort of espresso. Unit is cheap. Coffee is available everywhere.

The nespresso is very good but, pods are sort of expensive and hard to come by. Daughter also has one but, prefers the French press.

We are not into lattes etc. just strong coffee.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:04 AM   #11
2012 Solera

VERY long older thread on this subject:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-33943-28.html
My thoughts - post #276 in that thread. I ended up with Micrcasa a Leva for espresso but not in the motorhome; use the Aerpress while camping as the best “compromise” for both with and without shore power. Details in the above referenced post.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote