Old 03-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #91

And... I DO own some Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA) stock... and work for a Berkshire-owned company. And... unfortunately, no I didn't get any kind of discount.[/QUOTE]

No discount.... That is a bummer.

Old 03-05-2016, 12:51 PM   #92
Class C Representative

Phone software development is much different than the RV manufacturing system.
Each coach is custom built by human hand, not machine, which allows for human mistakes. That doesn't allow for an entire factory to "Cut corners" to produce more. The only way to eliminate human mistakes is to eliminate the human from the process.
Are there some things we can improve upon to eliminate that error? Definitely, and we are.
A software system can have any error programmed out of it; humans can not.
This is why we do provide excellent customer service and warranty system. Unfortunately an online forum doesn't always see the ones who love their coach or have had little to no issues.

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 12:59 PM   #93
7 Year Class A RV'er

Mistakes are understandable....but they need a process for correction so the same mistakes don't occur over and over again. Repetitive poor quality is the product of a total lack of pride in workmanship and that is the problem with the RV's coming out of the plants now. It's not just in RV's, either, it's everywhere. True, there are processes being used that aren't the best and could be improved upon, but the sheer sloppiness is what I see most as an issue.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #94
Class C Representative

Remember, though we are Forest River, each division is ran separately. At our division our Managers, sales teams, engineers, and production are all under one roof. This allows to see these mistakes and then work together to find a way to correct them.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 03-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #95

Comments not appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Thanks for that Josh. Lol, I was debating a response and decided I wasn't going to waste my breath, closed my browser to go watch some college basketball and got an email with your post. That is the correct interpretation. If you have to take your coach to the dealer every time a drawer needs adjusted or a screw is stripped, it will be very frustrating experience, same as with a house.
Mr. Clemens,

While I appreciate your willingness to visit this forum and provide your expertise, the snarky comments like "I wasn't going to waste my breath" are not appreciated. Like it or not, you and Mr. Cavitt have become the "face" of FR on this forum.

I work for a major airline and accept the fact that every time I put on my uniform, I represent my company. Even when I stop at a gas station, if I am approached by someone with a question or complaint, I try to answer it truthfully and with respect. When I have a disgruntled passenger, I take the service failure personally, even though I frequently had no control over their problem (like they did not get their special meal). If I am able to make the passenger understand that I care, they are much more likely to return to my airline the next time they travel. Additionally, we have multiple tools to provide information to the company so they can work to rectify these failures.

Mr. Cavitt, FR may have the best warranty/service in the industry, but my experience with both FR and a couple of your authorized dealers has been poor.

So instead of coming on to the forum, reading our experiences and then telling us basically why we are wrong, I submit that providing our feedback on how we were treated or what broke on our MH to your superiors would be much more valuable. A company truly interested in continuous improvement would also seek out their customers for feedback. I don't see that from FR.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:24 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
A company truly interested in continuous improvement would also seek out their customers for feedback. I don't see that from FR.
Hmm. I see just the opposite. The fact the Brian and Joshua not only read the posts but also participate in the discussions indicates, to me, that they are seeking out feedback from their customers.

Dave
Old 03-05-2016, 01:28 PM   #97
Class C Representative

See previous post for comments to my superiors.

What have been your issues with our servicing dealers or customer service?

From my end it, Brian and I do a great job here on the forum providing service to people in and out of warranty. I've spoken to several members here via PM, Email, Text to walk them through issues, help them with mods, and direct them to the right service rep or center.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #98

When it comes to hiring personnel or doing things right the first time, my favorite expression is "It's easier to give birth than to resurrect." That kind of sums it all up, doesn't it?
Old 03-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #99

How about a survey from FR directly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
Hmm. I see just the opposite. The fact the Brian and Joshua not only read the posts but also participate in the discussions indicates, to me, that they are seeking out feedback from their customers.

Dave
Fair enough. I was referring to something more like a survey from FR at some point after purchase asking questions like 1. Have you had any issues with your MH? If yes, what were those issues? 2. Have you taken the MH to a dealer? If yes, what dealer? 3. Were the issues resolved?

Information like this would provide true feedback on assembly and component failures, plus provide a lot more information to FR on dealer service quality.

Again, feedback to Mr. Clemens and Mr. Cavitt is one thing, detailed information directly to FR to close the loop on QC is quite another.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #100
Class C Representative

We get detailed feedback from our service centers/dealerships. If we are having issues with a dealer getting service we normally hear from the customer through numerous forms of communication; one of them being here.

Tags
forest river, quality