Old 03-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #111

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Buy local! I have no problems having my dealer service my Rv.
There's weekly threads about driving half way across the country to save a couple grand.
Was it worth it? Sounds like it bit you in the butt.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
What bit me in the butt was my apparent unreasonable expectation that warranty service would be available when I was on the road 1000 miles from home. Or maybe you are suggesting not to venture far from home during the first year so you can get warranty service by your local, selling dealer.

I guess I could have paid full MSRP - which was what I was quoted by the local dealer with the lousy service. I'm sure they would have helped me out when I was in Wisconsin with a broken generator because I paid $35K more than I should have.

As I said, it's out of warranty now, I've learned my lesson and I no longer have any expectation of anything from FR.

As to the comments that indicate complaints and warranty issues are fed back to the factory - that's great. Future FR buyers will get a far superior product and service.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:24 PM   #112
GM

"A company truly interested in continuous improvement would also seek out their customers for feedback. I don't see that from FR."

Dynamax Factory Reps

Design the next Dynamax Sprinter/SuperC

What would you like to see in Dynamax Sprinter?

Thoughts on Factory Installed Solar (Isata Sprinter)

Heat Shield in place of cab curtain?

Anyone heard a beeping sound from passenger side of chassis?

Your chance to select a new color!

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:36 PM   #113

Wonderful!

Mr. Clemens,

We are going to just have to agree to disagree. I'm weary of this back and forth. Clearly, I am unable to convey my disappointment in FR and the dealers I have been exposed to.

I will spend my time fixing and modifying my MH, rather than bothering you.

My point was that FR never actively sought out my opinions nor solicited feedback on the warranty service I received. Last time I took my Honda in for warranty service, I heard both from American Honda and the servicing dealer via phone call and email survey.

I know I won't change your opinion and you haven't changed mine.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #114

Mr. Clemens.

There is no need for you to defend yourself.

I have never seen any kind of factory reps contribute to a forum as you and josh do.

Keep up the good work, and remember. You can't please everybody.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 03-05-2016, 06:52 PM   #115

My choice was to buy locally a used model with no warranty, or buy out of state; new w/ a warranty for the same price. I chose to travel and saved $38,000. off the retail price, no small change there! Ps- there are no dealers less than 135 miles away.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:58 PM   #116

The coach I am looking at now, is a 30 hour round trip away. That is the closest dealer ( while still staying in Canada)

I have checked with the 3 local FR dealers, and all will warranty my unit.

I guess it helps, that snow tends to put a damper on most Rv business.
Warranty work is what keeps them open for the other 8 months of the year.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 03-05-2016, 07:13 PM   #117

Mr. Clemens,
If I could design a new Sprinter:
It would have the option of dual pane windows.
Windshield and side window shades/ blinds.
A better drape between cab and coach w/ better thermal, opacity and full length to the floor.
Optional: rear bumper motion sensors w/ on/ off switch for towing.
Corner bed model: small shelf/s for drinks, phone, remote, etc...
Bathroom: shelving or cabinet over toilet for extra storage.
Exterior: some kind of hooks for tying out dogs. How about some kind of roller line that expands ?
Sprinter seats with lumbar & heat would be great.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:51 PM   #118
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
I am unable to convey my disappointment in FR and the dealers I have been exposed to.

My point was that FR never actively sought out my opinions nor solicited feedback on the warranty service I received. Last time I took my Honda in for warranty service, I heard both from American Honda and the servicing dealer via phone call and email survey.
I am not attempting to change anyones mind, but when I see very broad blanket statement, I feel the need to set the record straight before someone else reading these forums takes them as fact.

Now, having said that, maybe I should have asked for more detail in the first place. You have now clarified that it's not that FR does not seek out feedback, but that they did not seek out feedback when it came to your warranty service. Maybe its "potatoes, potahtoes" but the clarification does help. Unlike the automotive industry, most things like that are handled at the dealer level. However, who watches the watchers? Maybe a direct to consumer feedback form after service appointments would be beneficial. I will say, every retail customer should receive a welcome letter with a statement similar to this...

"We are committed to providing you the best possible ownership experience. Routine maintenance and service will ensure ongoing reliability and enjoyment of your coach. So, if you should ever need assistance from a Forest River authorized service center, we request that you contact us directly if you have questions regarding product safety, any issue that is not resolved to your satisfaction, or if your coach has been at a service center beyond five (5) business days. Timely notification allows us the opportunity to expedite your service experience and avoid unnecessary delays. You can reach the Service Department via email at Service-Dynamax@forestriverinc.com or by telephone at (888) 295-7859. "

I have started to include this in the owners manual, just in case they need service before we get the retail registration data.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 03-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #119
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
Mr. Clemens,
If I could design a new Sprinter:
It would have the option of dual pane windows.
Windshield and side window shades/ blinds.
A better drape between cab and coach w/ better thermal, opacity and full length to the floor.
Optional: rear bumper motion sensors w/ on/ off switch for towing.
Corner bed model: small shelf/s for drinks, phone, remote, etc...
Bathroom: shelving or cabinet over toilet for extra storage.
Exterior: some kind of hooks for tying out dogs. How about some kind of roller line that expands ?
Sprinter seats with lumbar & heat would be great.
I doubt you will see dual pane windows due to the weight. If you did see dual panes, they would be the plastic, european style that are showing up on the Transit models.
Cab shades are available though Remis...we are looking to offer those as an option on the Isata. The Isata currently comes standard with the heat shields that sprinter customers have mentioned on this site.
Bumper sensors we have proto-typed. We just don't get a lot of requests for them.
shelving and cabinets, I agree.
Seats would have to come that way and we are looking at adding chassis options currently.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:24 PM   #120

Hi all!

My first comment on this topic is that I am impressed that there are 2 FR employees responding. I have been poking around a lot of forums, and have not seen that kind of participation on any other forums. I have seen many posts like this that address negative experiences, and having the manufacturer involved is a plus. I hope that Josh and B.Clemens stay involved.

My antennas are pretty perked up on this topic, as our SunSeeker MBS 2400w is slated to arrive at our dealer (Barrington Motors in Illinois) in the next week. Despite all the negativity in this topic, I will persist in my optimistic approach to this first step on our new RV'ing adventure. Trust me, based on all of the info I have soaked up on this and other Forums, we will check the new baby from stem to stern with the greatest of care. It is no secret that build quality is problematic in this industry... Every forum on just about every brand has lengthily topics such as this. But the more constructive (and ultimately more interesting) topics deal with specific problems & the creative solutions that forum members can offer, as well as sharing all the cool things that are happening out there on the road. Hopefully we will fall into this latter category, share our positive experiences, contribute or seek help when problems arise, and approach this "RV thing" as an opportunity learn new things, enjoy new places, and make many new friends.

We will keep you all posted on our experiences. Hope to see you out there!

Bob & Cynthia
SunSeeker MBS 2400W Under Construction, to arrive April 1st
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags
forest river, quality