Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #1

Forester 2401 WS interior wall slide brackets

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5200.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	334.4 KB
ID:	192938

We are slowly but surely working up to monthly short trips in our 2017 Forester MBS 2401WS in anticipation of much more travel when I retire soon.

On this latest trip, we just noticed that this bottom bracket/flange on interior of wall slide just behind driver seat seems to have lost traction with the bottom two screws. Not sure if it came to us that way or not, but it seems a risk factor for problems ahead. The slide wall is working fine for now, but am always waiting for that dreaded moment when it doesn’t.

Anyone else have this observation and any advice? I guess I should also contact my RV service provider, but I find that this forum is often much better informed than the dealer or service providers!

Best,
KellyClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5206.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	192939
Old 12-11-2018, 08:26 PM   #2

Looks like it was POORLY installed. CROOKED. Bottom screw is not even close to being centered to being able to screw into the metal trim. Poor workmanship.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #3

I agree that it was most likely done that way during assembly.

Given that it's just one of three brackets, I'm not sure that it's much of an issue. If you do want to do something I'd suggest leaving the existing bracket as it is, so you don't have to fill holes and such. Instead, you could add another bracket (maybe half the size) just below the existing bracket.

Dave
Old 12-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #4

Thanks, all. Makes sense that it was installed that way ... although not ideal, makes me feel a bit better than if result of wear and tear on slide operation! Will keep a watch on it for now.
Old 12-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdwallin View Post
Attachment 192938

We are slowly but surely working up to monthly short trips in our 2017 Forester MBS 2401WS in anticipation of much more travel when I retire soon.

On this latest trip, we just noticed that this bottom bracket/flange on interior of wall slide just behind driver seat seems to have lost traction with the bottom two screws. Not sure if it came to us that way or not, but it seems a risk factor for problems ahead. The slide wall is working fine for now, but am always waiting for that dreaded moment when it doesn’t.

Anyone else have this observation and any advice? I guess I should also contact my RV service provider, but I find that this forum is often much better informed than the dealer or service providers!

Best,
KellyAttachment 192939
If it is under warranty, for sure contact your dealer.

Tags
forester, slide