Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2015, 07:35 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoeingGeo View Post
What is difference between build quality between Solera and Forester MBS?
The Solera name is being phased out and being replaced with the Sunseeker. The Forester will be the more upscale brand but not by much. See Here for the differences.

Quote:
What is difference between build quality between View/Navion from Winnie and Forester MBS?
The Navions we looked at had a more upscale finish on the wood and trim. But I did not notice any great improvements in the overall quality.

Quote:
Other than price, why would I buy a Forester MBS over a View/Navion?
The "W" floor plan (See Here) is the biggest reason we went with a Sunseeker. Having a local dealership, other than Camping World, was the other.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:44 PM   #22

Camping World

Quote:
The "W" floor plan (See Here) is the biggest reason we went with a Sunseeker. Having a local dealership, other than Camping World, was the other.
One more question if you don't mind. What is wrong with Camping World? That is all I have here in Mesa, AZ for the Forester MBS units.
BoeingGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:14 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
One more question if you don't mind. What is wrong with Camping World? That is all I have here in Mesa, AZ for the Forester MBS units.
I don't mind... I wasn't happy with their sales approach. We went through three salesmen, the first two just disappeared, during the roughly two month time frame we were shopping around. That meant numerous "restarts" on everything we were considering. The pressure to take a unit off their lot today, rather than order what we wanted, also turned me off. At times I felt like I was on a "Buy Here, Pay Here" car lot looking for a clunker rather than shopping for a motor home with a MSRP more than a lot of houses!

Last, this thread is about the Ford chassis version of the 2400W. CW told me it would cost more for the Ford version, if they ordered it, than I paid for the MBS version!!! There is something seriously wrong with that picture!

EDIT: Keep in mind my experiences are at the Woodstock, GA store, your experience in Mesa may be very different.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:11 AM   #24
Commercial Member

This has been discuss on here before, I'll see if I can find the link and post it. If not, Solera & Forester MBS run down the same line, built by the same people. Forester just has a few more standard features.

As for Forester/Solera over Winnie. Top three reasons are..
1. Double the exterior storage on like floor plans
2. Glass shower door instead of a curtain, (due to larger bath)
3. larger slide room.

As for build, we are both fiberglass roof. Winnie uses plywood under the fiberglass we use Azdel composite (lighter, not effected by moisture, half the weight). I'll attached a comparison chart that was one a year ago.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Comparison Grid 2015 FR MBS Sheet1.pdf (91.9 KB, 153 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #25

Newbie here. I have looked at the MBS models for the past 3-4 months. Was settled on the Forester 2401R for the QN bed, like the two slide outs. Seemed to fit my needs. But now saw the 2401W with the single big slide out. My question is does this single big slideout on the driver side make the coach lean, un-level or bounce excessively. Seems like alot of weight to one side, how is FR compensating for that?
Tguthrie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #26
Commercial Member

I think I did a post specifically on the W model Sprinter. In there i mentioned that when the slide was out, the unit was off to one side by only 1/4" inch. With the slide out it went a 1/4" the other way. Well within tolerance and better than we expected.

And yes, by design we always account for even weight distribution. We do that by various different methods. On the W model, the black and gray tanks are on the curb side. Fridge, micro, most cabinets toilet, propane tank are on the curb side. There really isn't that much weight on the road side other than of course the slide itself and what little equipment is there.

As a diehard fan from the state of Ohio...when I found that it was still off an ounce. I paid a line employee to put a single Buckeye hidden within the cabinets to help counter balance the remainder. While I know this may damper sales to anyone in the state up north...I am fully OK with this. Although winter may put a damper on this process...I might need to stock up.

(just kidding by the way...however I did sneak a few buckeyes into a commercial building being shipped up there about 20 years ago).

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:57 PM   #27

Wow, you are quick!! I am impressed 1/4" off, that's seems very minor for a full slide. Heck, I am at least a full 1" off on any given day :-). Thanks, I will be taking a trip to view the 2401W model this weekend!! Can't wait to see it! Thanks!
Tguthrie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
This has been discuss on here before, I'll see if I can find the link and post it. If not, Solera & Forester MBS run down the same line, built by the same people. Forester just has a few more standard features.

3. larger slide room.

As for build, we are both fiberglass roof. Winnie uses plywood under the fiberglass we use Azdel composite (lighter, not effected by moisture, half the weight). I'll attached a comparison chart that was one a year ago.
Is there any videos out there that show Forester or Solera construction techniques like Winnebago does on their View/Navions?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:58 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post

3. larger slide room.

Are Forester and Solera MBS units built on the same line or a different line?
Old 07-10-2015, 02:54 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Are Forester and Solera MBS units built on the same line or a different line?
It is the same line for all three MBS versions... See Post 24 above...

Tags
forester