Old 05-09-2016, 06:08 PM   #11

Just some thoughts on why to check out the "R" model. It doesn't have the huge open space, or as large a bathroom, but it does open to a nice size living room and has additional features:

* You can get the couch or two recliners in place of the dinette.
* Additional storage spaces inside and very generous storage outside. You could even fit a kayak in the back basement, weight limit permitting...it's that big. It has 75 cu. ft. exterior storage vs. 50 on the W. The S is in-between.
* Solid wooden sliding door between bedroom and bathroom/kitchen/living room. This gives more privacy and can separate the bedroom from the bathroom area for showers and changing (i.e., when one person is trying to sleep).
* Also an accordion door between the bathroom area and kitchen/living room creating a changing area and some privacy for the bathroom area. It's not the odd diagonal curtain seen on other models.
* Full "walk-around" bed
* Both sides of the bed have windows to the outside, as well as the window across the head of the bed (rear of unit). On the W, only one side of the bed has a window.
* The bathroom sink is outside the bathroom, allowing one person to use the bathroom while the other washes up or brushes teeth.
* The rear extension of the bedroom is easy-peazy in almost all camp sites. If there's anything obstructing, just don't back in quote as far. The side slider doesn't go out as far as the rear slider, and is also quite easy in most places.

I would consider the resale issue on the S model as corner beds are going out of vogue. As noted above they are harder to get in and out of and harder to make and unmake. (On the other hand, on both the R and the W, you have to partly unmake the bed to allow 1/2 of it to pull in with the slider, but it's the near end involved and then after you put it out again you just tuck everything back in.)

Old 05-09-2016, 10:49 PM   #12

FYI - you don't have to unmake the bed to pull in and retract on the W. It stays nice on retract and extend due to the angled mattress seam.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 05-10-2016, 12:10 AM   #13

Regarding the W bed, please let us know how you can bring in the slide and not "un-make" the bed. Yes, one section of the mattress slides over the other, but if the bed is made, we end up with a mess. We use a queen sized RV sleeping bag with sheets velcro'ed to the inside, and keep the FR supplied comforter on top of the mattress for a more finished look. It is no big deal to fold everything in half and lay one half of the mattress on top the result before bringing in the slide. We are pretty paranoid about any slide "hang-ups", so we insure there is nothing in the way, including the mattress.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-10-2016, 12:24 AM   #14

We liked the R floor plan, but we really liked the larger U-lounge in the W. As far as storage goes, we have way more space to pack things than the CCC of the chassis. I would prefer the bathroom sink separate from the rest of the bath, but, for sure, nothing is perfect and compromises are the name of the game. One thing I can be sure of for all of us is that once the choice is made, the best part is just being "out there"!

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Old 05-10-2016, 07:14 AM   #15

No Need To Unmake The Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkloud9 View Post
Regarding the W bed, please let us know how you can bring in the slide and not "un-make" the bed. Yes, one section of the mattress slides over the other, but if the bed is made, we end up with a mess. We use a queen sized RV sleeping bag with sheets velcro'ed to the inside, and keep the FR supplied comforter on top of the mattress for a more finished look. It is no big deal to fold everything in half and lay one half of the mattress on top the result before bringing in the slide. We are pretty paranoid about any slide "hang-ups", so we insure there is nothing in the way, including the mattress.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
We use standard queen size bedding, fitted sheet on the mattress, sheet and blanket, with the comforter on top when made. When it's time to go, we just bring in the slide. The made bed just folds up over itself. When we get where we're going and it's time to set up again, just extend the slide then push the top half of the mattress and bedding back into position. It's already made. It works well for us.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfalbright View Post
We use standard queen size bedding, fitted sheet on the mattress, sheet and blanket, with the comforter on top when made. When it's time to go, we just bring in the slide. The made bed just folds up over itself. When we get where we're going and it's time to set up again, just extend the slide then push the top half of the mattress and bedding back into position. It's already made. It works well for us.
That's the same thing we do...works great
Old 05-11-2016, 11:20 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob dirt View Post
That's the same thing we do...works great

I'm with Rkloud9 - when the top half mattress pulls in, it will move some of the bottom half bedding out of place if you don't loosen the lower 1/2 first. It may depend on what people are using in the bed. The two beds R & W work quite the same.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 05-11-2016, 12:34 PM   #18

I specifically chose the 'S' series because I didn't want my bed folded in half with the slide in. I frequently stop for a nap on long drives and like to be incognito w/o slide out. I use that corner for quickly stowing extra stuff while driving too. Of course, I think this model works better for a younger couple or only ONE older person using the full size corner bed.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:44 PM   #19

Hutch

We went with the 2017 FR 2401W and love it. We downsized from a 39' 5th wheel as we want to be rolling most of the time as opposed to staying in one place for extended periods. The W has the most open living area of any MBS model. Storage is adequate for the size of the unit. Coming from a large 5th wheel, we knew we were going to become minimalists, and so far it has worked out fine.
We do not carry the large table, but use the provided smaller table in its place. We treat the U shaped dinette as a circular couch. I bought a light weight ottoman with a removable lid and interior storage to put in front of the "couch". [K Mart]
It is comfortable to drive and its great to be able to go pretty much anywhere. I have driven 6000 miles in the month and a half we have owned it. Eventually we will purchase a small car to tow and throw the kayaks on it once I get the proper Q towers for the racks.
Shop around, but do check out RV Wholesalers in Lakeview Ohio. We shopped for several months and they had the best price in the country. Talk to Mitch Eilerman. They were easy to work with.
Regards, Hutch
Old 05-23-2016, 08:46 PM   #20

Where did you see the slideout alert? We have a 2017 Sunseeker MBS 2400WS it says on it. The slideout wont retract all the way at the bottom by the driver door. trying to find out as much as we can about any recalls/ alerts. Thanks

Tags
forester, sunseeker