Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2016, 09:11 PM   #21
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailski View Post
I added a Bigfoot leveling system to my Forester MBS 2401W. The label on the door jamb says there is 1,300+ lbs. of capacity as manufactured. Like mtnlvr I have bottomed out exiting parking lots. Not sure what to do about it since Bigfoot does not offer a folding system that I am aware of. There's no damage after 12,000 miles that I'm aware of.
I am very satisfied with my decision though. The jacks eliminate the rocking around that I've experienced with 2 by's under the tires whenever others are walking around in the motorhome. But, most of all it makes setting up when we get to a campground simple.
May I ask who did the installation and what the total cost was?
I just found out that Equalizer Systems also makes an automatic leveling system for Sprinter. It adds ~160 lb.
Talking about reducing weight, I have removed the mattress for cab over bed and saved ~40 lb easily.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:37 PM   #22

Jeff, How much is this unit?
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:38 AM   #23

Oooooop wrong question. Never mind
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:48 AM   #24
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

It's okay. Just in case others are interested, it's supposedly $2995 plus installation.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:40 AM   #25
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeOnWheels View Post
May I ask who did the installation and what the total cost was?
I just found out that Equalizer Systems also makes an automatic leveling system for Sprinter. It adds ~160 lb.
Talking about reducing weight, I have removed the mattress for cab over bed and saved ~40 lb easily.
I had the Bigfoot system installed by Quadra Mfg., the manufacturer at their factory. The total cost was a little over $3500 for their semiautomatic system which was on sale at the time (May, 2014) I do not know the weight but think we will not have a problem with that in the future.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #26
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailski View Post
I had the Bigfoot system installed by Quadra Mfg., the manufacturer at their factory. The total cost was a little over $3500 for their semiautomatic system which was on sale at the time (May, 2014) I do not know the weight but think we will not have a problem with that in the future.
Thanks! That sounds about the same as Equalizer. Funny Equalizer and Quadra are only ~20 mi from each other but both are >2k mi from me. If I don't mind driving that distance, I can pick one on the spot So realistically I need a local dealer that can do the installation.

Tags
leveling