Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2019, 04:02 PM   #1

Front steel valve stems

We purchased the tst507 tpms system. Went to My Tire Supply and purchased the fully set of chrome steel stems for the 2015 sprinter. The rear stems are perfect! The front stems barely come out of the hole in the simulator. You see maybe half the thread on the stem so the sensor wont be able to be put on. I called My Tire Supply and they told me I purchased the correct set. The front stems are 2.25 inches long. The only other length they have is 3.5 which is way too long. The only solutions she could give me was to not use the simulators and to cut the hole in the simulator so it would not touch the stem. I can cut the hole but the stem is still too short. I have searched the forums relentlessly to see if anyone else has had this problem. I hate the idea of not using the simulator. Does anyone have a solution or do you know where I can get the stems in the proper length?
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertsquid View Post
We purchased the tst507 tpms system. Went to My Tire Supply and purchased the fully set of chrome steel stems for the 2015 sprinter. The rear stems are perfect! The front stems barely come out of the hole in the simulator. You see maybe half the thread on the stem so the sensor wont be able to be put on. I called My Tire Supply and they told me I purchased the correct set. The front stems are 2.25 inches long. The only other length they have is 3.5 which is way too long. The only solutions she could give me was to not use the simulators and to cut the hole in the simulator so it would not touch the stem. I can cut the hole but the stem is still too short. I have searched the forums relentlessly to see if anyone else has had this problem. I hate the idea of not using the simulator. Does anyone have a solution or do you know where I can get the stems in the proper length?
If 2.25 is to short then seems 3.5 is all you can do . only talking 3/4" if they are steel i wouldn't think it would be a problem
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:38 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
They make clamp-in valve stems of many varying lengths. Your supply place may just not carry them.

Can you post a pic of what you got, or perhaps the manufacturer number from the sales receipt and I'll find you the correct ones to solve your problem?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #4

valve stems

The kit I bought was DL1SP13FR225 2.25 with 10-15 degree bend. I appreciate your help
Old 06-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #5

Quote:
I have 1 3/4 stems installed on the front at the present time with TPS installed on each. I am able to get the sensors on and off without much difficulty. At the next tire change I will install the 2 1/4 stems and bend them slightly to make it a bit easier.

DL1SP13FR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit W/ Front Stems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stem2.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	206568   Click image for larger version

Name:	stem1.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	206569  
Old 06-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
I have 1 3/4 stems installed on the front at the present time with TPS installed on each. I am able to get the sensors on and off without much difficulty. At the next tire change I will install the 2 1/4 stems and bend them slightly to make it a bit easier.

DL1SP13FR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit W/ Front Stems
That is the same kit I have. My front stems measure 2.25 just like your bottom picture. The TPMS sensors won't fit even with the holes enlarged.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190523_135040.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	206572
Old 06-06-2019, 01:21 PM   #7

Quote:
That is the same kit I have. My front stems measure 2.25 just like your bottom picture. The TPMS sensors won't fit even with the holes enlarged.Attachment 206572
Strange! Your photo looks to me like the short stems that my sensors are on (my top photo).
Old 06-06-2019, 04:33 PM   #8

Arithmetic is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
If 2.25 is to short then seems 3.5 is all you can do . only talking 3/4" if they are steel i wouldn't think it would be a problem
Umm, 3.5 - 2.25 = 1.25. 1-1/4", not 3/4". Arithmetic is good.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Umm, 3.5 - 2.25 = 1.25. 1-1/4", not 3/4". Arithmetic is good.

Larry
That's right . well what do you know made a mistake go pat yourself on the back and have a cold one you deserve it after this catch .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
Strange! Your photo looks to me like the short stems that my sensors are on (my top photo).
Heres a picture of the sensors I have. They're pretty big.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190606_150951.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	206592
Old 06-06-2019, 07:01 PM   #11

Much larger than mine. I see why they won't fit.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
They make clamp-in valve stems of many varying lengths. Your supply place may just not carry them.

Can you post a pic of what you got, or perhaps the manufacturer number from the sales receipt and I'll find you the correct ones to solve your problem?
With the information I posted in this thread and my pictures are you able to point me in the right direction to find the right stems?
Old 06-20-2019, 11:08 AM   #13

RVi (https://rvibrake.com) sells a stainless steel stem extender that is about 1” long that works great on the front tires of my SunSeeker MBS 2400W with the tst507 TPMS system. But I had to notch the simulators to accommodate the sensors... wish I had a photo to show it. Used a tin snips, cut straight from the hole to the rim edge. and folded the metal back on each side. Be sure you pick a hole that lines up with the stem, as not all of them will work. Don’t ask how I know.

Tags
valve