Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2019, 04:02 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 229
Front steel valve stems

We purchased the tst507 tpms system. Went to My Tire Supply and purchased the fully set of chrome steel stems for the 2015 sprinter. The rear stems are perfect! The front stems barely come out of the hole in the simulator. You see maybe half the thread on the stem so the sensor wont be able to be put on. I called My Tire Supply and they told me I purchased the correct set. The front stems are 2.25 inches long. The only other length they have is 3.5 which is way too long. The only solutions she could give me was to not use the simulators and to cut the hole in the simulator so it would not touch the stem. I can cut the hole but the stem is still too short. I have searched the forums relentlessly to see if anyone else has had this problem. I hate the idea of not using the simulator. Does anyone have a solution or do you know where I can get the stems in the proper length?
__________________

Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertsquid View Post
We purchased the tst507 tpms system. Went to My Tire Supply and purchased the fully set of chrome steel stems for the 2015 sprinter. The rear stems are perfect! The front stems barely come out of the hole in the simulator. You see maybe half the thread on the stem so the sensor wont be able to be put on. I called My Tire Supply and they told me I purchased the correct set. The front stems are 2.25 inches long. The only other length they have is 3.5 which is way too long. The only solutions she could give me was to not use the simulators and to cut the hole in the simulator so it would not touch the stem. I can cut the hole but the stem is still too short. I have searched the forums relentlessly to see if anyone else has had this problem. I hate the idea of not using the simulator. Does anyone have a solution or do you know where I can get the stems in the proper length?
If 2.25 is to short then seems 3.5 is all you can do . only talking 3/4" if they are steel i wouldn't think it would be a problem
__________________

MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:38 PM   #3
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 20,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertsquid View Post
We purchased the tst507 tpms system. Went to My Tire Supply and purchased the fully set of chrome steel stems for the 2015 sprinter. The rear stems are perfect! The front stems barely come out of the hole in the simulator. You see maybe half the thread on the stem so the sensor wont be able to be put on. I called My Tire Supply and they told me I purchased the correct set. The front stems are 2.25 inches long. The only other length they have is 3.5 which is way too long. The only solutions she could give me was to not use the simulators and to cut the hole in the simulator so it would not touch the stem. I can cut the hole but the stem is still too short. I have searched the forums relentlessly to see if anyone else has had this problem. I hate the idea of not using the simulator. Does anyone have a solution or do you know where I can get the stems in the proper length?
They make clamp-in valve stems of many varying lengths. Your supply place may just not carry them.

Can you post a pic of what you got, or perhaps the manufacturer number from the sales receipt and I'll find you the correct ones to solve your problem?
__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Just imagine, for a moment, if there were no hypothetical situations.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 229
valve stems

The kit I bought was DL1SP13FR225 2.25 with 10-15 degree bend. I appreciate your help
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertsquid View Post
We purchased the tst507 tpms system. Went to My Tire Supply and purchased the fully set of chrome steel stems for the 2015 sprinter. The rear stems are perfect! The front stems barely come out of the hole in the simulator. You see maybe half the thread on the stem so the sensor wont be able to be put on. I called My Tire Supply and they told me I purchased the correct set. The front stems are 2.25 inches long. The only other length they have is 3.5 which is way too long. The only solutions she could give me was to not use the simulators and to cut the hole in the simulator so it would not touch the stem. I can cut the hole but the stem is still too short. I have searched the forums relentlessly to see if anyone else has had this problem. I hate the idea of not using the simulator. Does anyone have a solution or do you know where I can get the stems in the proper length?
I have 1 3/4 stems installed on the front at the present time with TPS installed on each. I am able to get the sensors on and off without much difficulty. At the next tire change I will install the 2 1/4 stems and bend them slightly to make it a bit easier.


DL1SP13FR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit W/ Front Stems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stem2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	206568   Click image for larger version

Name:	stem1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	206569  
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
I have 1 3/4 stems installed on the front at the present time with TPS installed on each. I am able to get the sensors on and off without much difficulty. At the next tire change I will install the 2 1/4 stems and bend them slightly to make it a bit easier.


DL1SP13FR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit W/ Front Stems
That is the same kit I have. My front stems measure 2.25 just like your bottom picture. The TPMS sensors won't fit even with the holes enlarged.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190523_135040.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	206572
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:21 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Mikegjax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Orange Park Fl.
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertsquid View Post
That is the same kit I have. My front stems measure 2.25 just like your bottom picture. The TPMS sensors won't fit even with the holes enlarged.Attachment 206572
Strange! Your photo looks to me like the short stems that my sensors are on (my top photo).
__________________
2014 Solera 24R
USN Retired
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:33 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,784
Arithmetic is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
If 2.25 is to short then seems 3.5 is all you can do . only talking 3/4" if they are steel i wouldn't think it would be a problem
Umm, 3.5 - 2.25 = 1.25. 1-1/4", not 3/4". Arithmetic is good.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:03 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Umm, 3.5 - 2.25 = 1.25. 1-1/4", not 3/4". Arithmetic is good.

Larry
That's right . well what do you know made a mistake go pat yourself on the back and have a cold one you deserve it after this catch .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:15 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
Strange! Your photo looks to me like the short stems that my sensors are on (my top photo).
Heres a picture of the sensors I have. They're pretty big.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190606_150951.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	206592
__________________

Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
valve

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.