Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2018, 03:54 PM   #1

Halogen to LED Headlight conversion + Instructions

An earlier discussion, started by namusmc, raised the LED headlight conversion question, which lead to a broad and on-going conversation delving into the virtues, merits, and legal issues related to converting a Sprinter vehicle to these much brighter low-beam headlights. That thread proves that the topic in general is more complicated than simply plugging in a kit and driving away. I think that part of the conversion will continue for some time.
Namusmc caught my attention because I was in the process of converting my two vehicles to LED low-beams. I had just finished my wife's ML350 and was preparing to do my Sprinter (Prism RV) when namusmc posted his initial question. My research into the topic produced the realization that many Sprinter owners are very interested in completing such an upgrade. For that reason I decided to carefully document my process and share that information here. The attached document is purely a technical guide for beginning and finishing the conversion project. I'll leave the broader discussion to the original thread. I know most folks would prefer watching an instructional video. For this apologize. I have a little writing skill, but no video skill. Perhaps someone will soon convert my document into a video … that would be great.
The conversion project is actually very easy to complete, much easier than reading my how-to document. The seventeen page document, however, is written toward the greater lesser-experienced audience so that anyone can easily implement this conversion.
Enjoy, the instruction document; it's free to share far and wide.
The document is contained in the attached PDF.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sprinter_LED_Upgrade.pdf (960.0 KB, 81 views)
FollowTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #2

Ray, I just finished reading your Sprinter LED conversion instructions. I found these instructions very easy to read and understand. Very nice piece of work! Your pics are great and really make the instructions complete.

So glad I waited for you to share your instructions before starting my own conversion. You have saved many forum members from frustration, including me. Thanks again!
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light