Old 07-05-2015, 05:04 PM   #1
Senior Junior Member
Hellwig #7254 for Sprinter 3500

I know there has been a lot of coverage on this matter already, but due to the age of the threads I am not permitted to comment. Some of you wanting to change out the OEM rear sway bar for a Hellwig ($156 at Amazon) may be interested to get a feel of how effective it could be. Since I don't have my MH yet and I don't know the diameter of the OEM bar, but I do have the 7254 bar (which is 1.5" diameter), I offer the following:

Since the torsional stiffness of a round bar is directly proportional to the diameter to the 4th power...this may give you a feel for it.

OEM Dia. % Stiffness of 1 1/2" Bar Compared to OEM

1" 506

1 1/16" 476

1 1/8" 316 (actual OEM may be no larger ???)

1 5/16" 171

1 3/8" 142

1 7/16" 119

1 1/2" 100
2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R
Hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote

3500, 500