Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #21

Really nice- I want them!!!
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:14 PM   #22

I would rather.....

I would rather they worked out the problems with the existing models, standard items, and options before adding new stuff. I'd especially be worried about those stabilizing jacks. Lots of horror stories about those.

2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R + Diesel Gen
2014 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Flat Tow Equipment
SMI Stay-In-Play Brake Controller
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
On the Foresters there is a multiplex system that will allow you to control your slide room, lights, generator, etc. from your smart phone.
Is this the Jensen In-Command Control System or the myRV Universal Control and Monitor System?
MBSNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:55 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlakin View Post
I would rather they worked out the problems with the existing models, standard items, and options before adding new stuff. I'd especially be worried about those stabilizing jacks. Lots of horror stories about those.
I have been complaining about the "Mandatory Option" stabilizing jacks but haven't been getting any mileage from it. Is there something that I am not understanding?
They are NOT leveling jacks...they are only so the RV doesn't rock about when people walk across it. I was just at my local dealer and although the jacks were not extended I noticed very little motion in the motorhome.
They are fairly heavy and reduce the carrying capacity of the motorhome...something that none of the MBS motorhomes have a lot of to start with.
They have a lot of reliability issues at least on this and other forums My concern is having them extend by themselves or fail to retract. Again those issues have been claimed on various forums.
They are powered by the starter battery and not the house battery giving yet another failure mode to strand you.
Finally they cost almost $1800.

I might have no idea what I am talking about, the "horror stories" may not be accurate and they may have much more utility than it seems. I look forward to someone correcting me.
Steveinbendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #25

Am I missing something? I have seen no complaints about the Big Foot stabilizers on this FR MB Chassis section, at least in the last 6 months. I am thinking they are necessary to steady the W when that big slide is out. Also they can raise the rear end a bit when needed. To me, putting those babies down is like dropping anchor.

The upgrades are interesting... We would have ordered the Remis shades if they were available... Instead we ordered them from Winnebago, and with shipping they were $800+. We had the dealer install them, something they had never done, and that was in the $350 range, so not a small upgrade. We absolutely love them.

For the gadget freaks, operating all that stuff from the phone is cool, just not a necessity for me.

Anything that improves the black tank experience is a real plus... My dealer sold us on a bunch of starter items, including a nice 90 degree dump station connector and a clear plastic hose connector extension at the MH side so you can watch the "action".

Josh, thanks for the details!

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-12-2016, 06:48 AM   #26

Agree with Rkloud9 on all accounts in our 2017 (before upgrade) Forester MBS 2401W. We love the stabilizers and can tell a real difference when down, the app option is nice but def not that big a deal for us, AND we would definitely have wanted the Remi's if they had been available. Josh or anyone: what is the best way to get the Remi's for our rig, now that the new Foresters are coming with them?

Thanks everyone all for the great info on this forum. Our slide is fixed, we are finally getting out on the road with our new Forester, and all is well with our world!
Old 07-12-2016, 07:55 AM   #27

Those shades are really nice. The Winnebago style ones are nice, also. We considered them as an after-market option that we would install ourselves but the price was just too high. We bought these instead (link below). A lot of people have recommended them and we've been very happy, especially with the price. They aren't fancy but they do the job and they store nicely behind the sofa:

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Windshield SunShade Set 2003-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkloud9 View Post
Am I missing something? I have seen no complaints about the Big Foot stabilizers on this FR MB Chassis section, at least in the last 6 months. I am thinking they are necessary to steady the W when that big slide is out. Also they can raise the rear end a bit when needed. To me, putting those babies down is like dropping anchor.

The upgrades are interesting... We would have ordered the Remis shades if they were available... Instead we ordered them from Winnebago, and with shipping they were $800+. We had the dealer install them, something they had never done, and that was in the $350 range, so not a small upgrade. We absolutely love them.

For the gadget freaks, operating all that stuff from the phone is cool, just not a necessity for me.

Anything that improves the black tank experience is a real plus... My dealer sold us on a bunch of starter items, including a nice 90 degree dump station connector and a clear plastic hose connector extension at the MH side so you can watch the "action".

Josh, thanks for the details!

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R + Diesel Gen
2014 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Flat Tow Equipment
SMI Stay-In-Play Brake Controller
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #28
Commercial Member

The supplier on the magnetic shades gave me a flier. No pricing on here, but you can email for more info.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Eclipse Cockpit Privacy Shades.pdf (166.8 KB, 129 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveinbendor View Post
I have been complaining about the "Mandatory Option" stabilizing jacks but haven't been getting any mileage from it.
They were NOT manditory when we were ordering the MB Sunseeker series but rather an option. You may be thinking they are mandatory due the fact that the dealers you have been visiting have them installed when they place their stocking order in early spring.

BTW the pair in the rear on the 2400 series are advertised as stabilizing jacks.
Bigfoot does sell front jacks for the 2400 series along with a 4 point leveling controller if a person wanted them and was willing to lose cargo capacity due to the added weight.

If I am not mistaken the 30 footers and up do have the 4 point leveling system as an option, none are MANDATORY equipment.
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester