Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #1

HOT! 2017 Forester MBS Incredible New Features!

2017 Forester MBS New Features

I just got some great news that I thought I would share with the community. I have on order a 2017 Forester MBS 2401S. My dealer just updated me on the following (massive) upgrades for the Forester MBS for 2017.

1. SMART PHONE IN COACH REMOTE SYSTEM
2. STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES
3. PRIVACY FRONT CAB MAGNETIC BLACK OUT SHADES
4. WASTE MASTER SYSTEM

#1 - Still trying to determine what this controls. FR rep hasn't said yet but it appears to allow you to control lights, entertainment system and other things with your smart phone via an app. Details to follow as I find out. Pretty cool.

#3 - WOO HOO! No more privacy curtain. These shades are built into the windshield and cab doors. Winnebago does this with the View/Navion. NICE!

#4 - No idea what this is. Rep said its some type of built in hose system that swings out? More details to follow as I get them.

These IMO are huge upgrades! Way to go Forest River. If anyone at FR can fill in the blanks here it would be appreciated!
MBSNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #2

Yay! My 2401W should also be ready about the same time
rshellhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #3

Nice upgrades and priced to match no doubt! But hey you get what you pay for! Congrats!

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #4

I believe #4 is this unit - Waste Master® RV Sewer Management System
Old 07-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #5

Ok, so earlier when this was posted I contacted my dealer to ask if they knew of the changes. He didn't but emailed Forest River. I just received his response;

"Just heard back from the manufacture and your unit is already past the line where they were making these changes so your unit will not have these new options is what they said."

My order was placed about a month ago and will be picked up beginning of September. So, means unless you just recently placed the order, your new motorhome will not have these upgrades. Seems kind of random that major upgrades like that are introduced without announcement, in the middle of a model year. I'm very disappointed.
rshellhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:40 PM   #6

new for 2017 Forester MBS

However they also added a "Mandatory Option" consisting of stabilizing jacks. They will not allow me to order without them. There are so many negatives associated with them I am rethinking the Forester and looking at alternatives.
Steveinbendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:53 AM   #7

It looks like sideview cameras and the cargo net is now included also.....
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:35 AM   #8
Commercial Member

#3 is a magnetic/fabric shade...not the Remis pleated shades that are there all the time. Very nice shade, but not the same that Winnie was running.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
#3 is a magnetic/fabric shade...not the Remis pleated shades that are there all the time. Very nice shade, but not the same that Winnie was running.
Can you clarify what this means? I don't understand the difference? Are there shades on the cab side windows?
Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #10
Class C Representative

Winnebago's shades are built into the door of the cab. These shades have magnets built into them to stick to the metal framing around the edges of the windows. I'll try and get a picture of them.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:45 PM   #11

I think the magnetic shades would be preferable to Winnebago's side shades. Before I purchased my Solera I test drove the Winnebago and it's built in shades. I found their frame to be annoyingly noisy when I drove it. I didn't like that at all. I found on the internet the silver metallic windshield and matching side window sun shades that are made for Sprinters. They are inexpensive and quick to throw on and off.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:51 PM   #12

Maybe Brian or Josh could clearify for us when those exciting new features take place? My forester should be online / offline 7/20 - 7/21...
Thank you!
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:17 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Sorry, I don't really have anything to do with it. I only chimed in on the shades, because we looked at them too, but we were already running the logo'd heat shields. While I don't think the heat shields look as nice, they have the added benefit of solar reflection. I've asked the guy doing the magnetic shades to see if they can make one side reflective.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:26 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
I think the magnetic shades would be preferable to Winnebago's side shades. Before I purchased my Solera I test drove the Winnebago and it's built in shades. I found their frame to be annoyingly noisy when I drove it. I didn't like that at all. I found on the internet the silver metallic windshield and matching side window sun shades that are made for Sprinters. They are inexpensive and quick to throw on and off.
I agree with you. The other issue is that it takes up the space on the door frame and we had some people say they use that as an arm rest. Remis prevents that.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:44 PM   #15

Quote:
I've asked the guy doing the magnetic shades to see if they can make one side reflective.
Sounds like these shades are completely standalone? If so, would they be available from either FR or "the guy" for us retro owners?

Thanks for any info!

Dave
Old 07-08-2016, 01:47 PM   #16
Commercial Member

I offered to have one on display at the FROG rally this year for him, and let him give his info for direct sales.

Th reflective ones are https://www.heatshieldstore.com

Old 07-08-2016, 04:09 PM   #17

Quote:
I offered to have one on display at the FROG rally this year for him, and let him give his info for direct sales.

Th reflective ones are https://www.heatshieldstore.com
Thanks for the info!

Dave
Old 07-09-2016, 08:19 PM   #18

Thanks for the upgrade
Forest River - keep up the good work!!
WYOpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:42 AM   #19
Class C Representative

Sorry for the delay. I had to wait for Kary on this.

As we get closer to our Fall Show we will make more information available on the new features.

On the Foresters there is a multiplex system that will allow you to control your slide room, lights, generator, etc. from your smart phone.

The Waster Master will be available on both Floor plans.

The Remi shades will replace the cab-over current we used to have. You will be able to use the swivel seats at all times and not have to worry about people seeing into your motorhome.

I've attached a photo of the waste master system. It's a little rough but you can see where it clips on, the ribs of the hose, and the valve to cut flow for clean and easy storage.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:06 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post

The Remi shades will replace the cab-over current we used to have. You will be able to use the swivel seats at all times and not have to worry about people seeing into your motorhome.
Nice video of how they look and operate:

Tags
forester