Old 07-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #1

HOT! 2017 Forester MBS Incredible New Features!

2017 Forester MBS New Features

I just got some great news that I thought I would share with the community. I have on order a 2017 Forester MBS 2401S. My dealer just updated me on the following (massive) upgrades for the Forester MBS for 2017.

1. SMART PHONE IN COACH REMOTE SYSTEM
2. STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES
3. PRIVACY FRONT CAB MAGNETIC BLACK OUT SHADES
4. WASTE MASTER SYSTEM

#1 - Still trying to determine what this controls. FR rep hasn't said yet but it appears to allow you to control lights, entertainment system and other things with your smart phone via an app. Details to follow as I find out. Pretty cool.

#3 - WOO HOO! No more privacy curtain. These shades are built into the windshield and cab doors. Winnebago does this with the View/Navion. NICE!

#4 - No idea what this is. Rep said its some type of built in hose system that swings out? More details to follow as I get them.

These IMO are huge upgrades! Way to go Forest River. If anyone at FR can fill in the blanks here it would be appreciated!

Old 07-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #2

Yay! My 2401W should also be ready about the same time

Old 07-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #3

Nice upgrades and priced to match no doubt! But hey you get what you pay for! Congrats!
Old 07-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #4

I believe #4 is this unit - Waste MasterĀ® RV Sewer Management System
Old 07-07-2016, 03:16 PM   #5

Ok, so earlier when this was posted I contacted my dealer to ask if they knew of the changes. He didn't but emailed Forest River. I just received his response;

"Just heard back from the manufacture and your unit is already past the line where they were making these changes so your unit will not have these new options is what they said."

My order was placed about a month ago and will be picked up beginning of September. So, means unless you just recently placed the order, your new motorhome will not have these upgrades. Seems kind of random that major upgrades like that are introduced without announcement, in the middle of a model year. I'm very disappointed.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:40 PM   #6

new for 2017 Forester MBS

However they also added a "Mandatory Option" consisting of stabilizing jacks. They will not allow me to order without them. There are so many negatives associated with them I am rethinking the Forester and looking at alternatives.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:53 AM   #7

It looks like sideview cameras and the cargo net is now included also.....
Old 07-08-2016, 07:35 AM   #8
GM

#3 is a magnetic/fabric shade...not the Remis pleated shades that are there all the time. Very nice shade, but not the same that Winnie was running.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
#3 is a magnetic/fabric shade...not the Remis pleated shades that are there all the time. Very nice shade, but not the same that Winnie was running.
Can you clarify what this means? I don't understand the difference? Are there shades on the cab side windows?
Old 07-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #10
Class C Representative

Winnebago's shades are built into the door of the cab. These shades have magnets built into them to stick to the metal framing around the edges of the windows. I'll try and get a picture of them.

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester