Old 09-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #11

By young people standard Jensen products are junks. My Jensen dash kind of proving to that claims. I am using Tom Tom GPS from Costco.

raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stervin View Post
You are not alone on this issue
Have the same system had the same issue
I tried the manual and felt stupid as I did not understand
I called the folks when I was in my unit and they walked me through it
I no longer have the cut out
Call ASA at 5742643135 and they can walk you through it
Sorry I can not remember what they did but they were great and now of the issue
Good luck
I just called them. Will was very helpful. I asked and he explained why he had me disable certain things in setting. In layman's terms the NAV voice was disrupting the radio. I don't know if it corrected the cutting out since I need to take my Forester for a road trip. I will keep you posted.

Old 09-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #13

I had the identical problem in my 2700SDSF. In short two things must happen; shut off the nav voice commands AND also you MUST terminate the last route stored in the nav system whether you entered it or someone else during testing. It is the "stored route" that's causing you the problem. I speak from experience. Once terminate I have had no more issues. Re the GPS screen, it was too small for us also. We use a 7" Garmin GPS instead.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #14

I just use the nav build into my phone from Google, then Bluetooth the audio through the sound system for audible turn by turn, it's better than any nav system. Some older versions of Android will not allow this function, so un- Bluetooth your phone from your mh temporarily, then phone itself announces turn by turn.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #15

Jensen Radio

We have a 2016 MBS 2401w and are having the same issues, plus we no longer have AM or FM Radio. Our XM radio cuts out all of the time, but discovered if I reach under the glove box and disconnect the XM receiver and then plug it back in I have reception until the next time it cuts out. We have a new one coming under warranty, but is on back order. I have a feeling that we will still have problems after the new one is installed. Maybe Forest River has a better idea or unit that we could all get installed.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALLZITCH View Post
Has anybody had the audio sound cut out completely then back in every few minutes? Not power in and out, only all audio from in dash unit and all audio even if aux hookups.
Yep, all the time. I've heard that turning down the nav volume will solve the problem as does removing the nav micro sd chip (which is what I did).
Old 09-12-2016, 01:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeboone View Post
Yep, all the time. I've heard that turning down the nav volume will solve the problem as does removing the nav micro sd chip (which is what I did).
Problem solved, like someone mentioned I went into the nav, then settings, then all the first 5 or so settings and changed them to either mute or off. System no longer cutting out whatsoever. I'll take Google maps/nav over any nav system, always newest locations and live traffic interaction.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:38 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALLZITCH View Post
Problem solved, like someone mentioned I went into the nav, then settings, then all the first 5 or so settings and changed them to either mute or off. System no longer cutting out whatsoever. I'll take Google maps/nav over any nav system, always newest locations and live traffic interaction.

I will have to do this! I had accepted already that it was not repairable as others were having same issue.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-12-2016, 07:06 PM   #19

If your not going to use the Nav system you can pull out the mini SD card and it will completely it shut down, won't even load the Nav software. Fixed a lot of my issues but still want to replace the radio at some point.

2016 Forester 2401WS
Old 09-25-2016, 10:03 PM   #20

If you don't set a route the nav will not interrupt. Make sure you delete the last route after you reach your destination or else it will keep trying to route you make to the destination.

2016 Forester 2401W newbie

Tags
jensen