Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2016, 11:34 AM   #41

Now to save for the Alcoa wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
I have been searching for something to replace the POS Jensen head. There are not a lot of good options for ApplePlay+Nav, so it narrowed quickly to Pioneer and Kenwood. I selected the Kenwood DNX893S because I really like the Garmin NAV and an actual volume knob. It also seems to have a more modern interface. Now to find a decent price... Crutchfield/Amazon. They have a refurb one for $649, but I'm a bit reluctant to buy refurb. Anyway, I landed on it before I read your posting !
If you get yours installed before I do, let me know what you think. Pictures of the install would be great too.

I'm building two airplanes, working on an old 4Runner and trying to mod the MH - just not enough time in the day!
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:48 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
If you get yours installed before I do, let me know what you think. Pictures of the install would be great too.

I'm building two airplanes, working on an old 4Runner and trying to mod the MH - just not enough time in the day!
You like to work on things with wheels... Are you sure there isn't a motorcycle/bicycle in the mix somewhere ?

Since we are so close to Black-Friday, I'm going to wait-and-see if someone discounts it.
nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 06:26 AM   #43

Too risky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
You like to work on things with wheels... Are you sure there isn't a motorcycle/bicycle in the mix somewhere ?

Since we are so close to Black-Friday, I'm going to wait-and-see if someone discounts it.
I'm an airline pilot and generally pretty risk averse. I've seen too many folks hurt or crippled on motorcycles. One of my fraternity brothers lost a leg a few months ago when he got t-boned on his motorcycle.

There was a $100 Kenwood rebate when the 893 first came out. I got mine from Crutchfield. Rebate came yesterday.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:28 PM   #44

I have a 2016 3050s and stereo cuts in and out with radio and cd . I read about the turning voice off navigation, I will try when I go home . Any one know warranty on this stereo ? Repair man is acting dumb about stereo issue.
Dogman1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:43 AM   #45

FR warranty service has a bulletin on this. Basically, go into navigation menu and set volume to max. Then go to settings and set to mute. Worked for me. If you need it, I can try to figure out how to post their bulletin and instruction sheet
tmauceri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:00 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman1234 View Post
I have a 2016 3050s and stereo cuts in and out with radio and cd . I read about the turning voice off navigation, I will try when I go home . Any one know warranty on this stereo ? Repair man is acting dumb about stereo issue.
This is has been issue with FR on the Jenson system which is why FR changed to Pioneer on there 2017 model
Your unit has a 2 year warranty but upgrades to the GPS system is 65$ would save your money
Snuggest you call Jenson and talk to Tech service / Nice folks and they maybe able to help
Let us know
stervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:08 PM   #47

GRP, Fiberglass , is invisible to most AM or FM radio signals.

Metal is not , our last coach was all aluminum and SS , a bus conversion and the antenna HAD to be external.

For a GRP vehicle a short small wire will do OK in a city , but on the road is useless.

Our solution was a visit to the big truck store.

For about $25 they have SS external antennas that use 2 stand offs , one doubles as the ant lead, which is included.

Extender the antenna is probably 4-5 ft long but it does the job.

The standoffs can be slid before any holes are created to fit wherever you will be mounting the ant..

I hate drilling holes in a big buck RV , but AM radio is worth the effort.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jensen