Old 08-19-2017, 02:14 PM   #1

Jensen Radio

The touchscreen on my Jensen VM9726BT no longer functions. I tried resetting (several times) but still nothing. Any advice? Thanks

lacamastraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #2

Have you tried to disconnect the power to it and wait 5 minutes before restauring the power to the unit?

Les retraités, un monde de vie!
Retirees, a world full of life!
Polariste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:14 PM   #3

I had the same problem and I just cut the power off (hold the volume button in for 5 secs) and when I turned it back on the touch screen worked again.

The real problem I have with the Jensen unit is the lousy navigation...has anyone figured how to zoom out from the regular view? (when not using it to navigate or provide a route) I've looked everywhere and tried just about everything. The manual was no help. So far the only way I can get it to zoom out is by touching the screen to create a target point, then I can zoom out, but it's temporary and reverts back.

The instructions say to "pinch" or "spread out" your fingers to zoom in/out like we do on cell phones, but my Jensen sure doesn't work that way. When I try it just puts down a "target". So frustrating.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polariste View Post
Have you tried to disconnect the power to it and wait 5 minutes before restarting the power to the unit?
Polariste ~ thanks for your reply. Hopefully, you have the same fuse set-up as me because I'm trying to find the one that will kill the radio. The Sprinter Fuse Allocation Supplement lists three possible location for radio.

Under Dash upper Row #13. . .tried that, radio stayed on.

Under Dash lower row #10. . .tried that, radio stayed on.

Under Dash lower row #13. . no fuse there

Do you know where the Jensen fuse is? I can always disconnect the battery, but finding the fuse would be much easier than removing the floor panel.

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #5

I bought a Garmin RV 760ML and haven't looked back. The Jensen components are not my favorite things
tmauceri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmauceri View Post
I bought a Garmin RV 760ML and haven't looked back. The Jensen components are not my favorite things
Yeah, for navigation I agree. I never use the Jensen nav because my Garmin nüvi 2797LMT is so much better.

If I can't make this unit work Jensen recommended the VX4022A which will install with no modifications and does not have NAV. All I want from the unit it Bluetooth, sound system and play my music.

Jim
Old 08-24-2017, 04:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacamastraveler View Post
Polariste ~ thanks for your reply. Hopefully, you have the same fuse set-up as me because I'm trying to find the one that will kill the radio. The Sprinter Fuse Allocation Supplement lists three possible location for radio.

Under Dash upper Row #13. . .tried that, radio stayed on.

Under Dash lower row #10. . .tried that, radio stayed on.

Under Dash lower row #13. . no fuse there

Do you know where the Jensen fuse is? I can always disconnect the battery, but finding the fuse would be much easier than removing the floor panel.

Thanks.
I looked at the fuse supplement, and I found nothing. Did you check the fuse under the driver's seat? When I replaced the unit for the rear lights, the fuse was there.
You don't need to remove the floor panel to disconnect your battery, look under the dash next to the accelerator the + positive cable is there it is very easy to disconnect it!
One question I have could it be possible that the radio is powered by both the truck battery and the rv batteries ?

Les retraités, un monde de vie!
Retirees, a world full of life!
Polariste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jensen, radio