Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2016, 01:00 PM   #1

Jensen VM9726BT

I recently purchased a 2015 Solara MBS with this radio/GPS. At the top of the GPS map screen is a compass (likely a GPS track) with changing numbers on each side of the heading readout. They vary from 0 to thousands. I have not found anything in either the radio or GPS manuals to tell me what the numbers are.
Anyone have an idea of they mean??
Philrisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:42 PM   #2

May be Latitude and longitude
Phinias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. The numbers are all over the place and no resemblance to lat/long. Gotta mean something and it will likely be something simple that I should have realized 😂
Philrisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:31 PM   #4

If it is a compass. it will have 0 to 360 degree increments. East being 90 degrees, south at 180, west show 270.

For example, when you are going in a northerly direction, a simple compass might show just the letter N, but you may in fact be heading 350 degrees or 10 degrees. The simple compass give you a relative direction of your path. A more precise compass will give your heading in degrees.
Aspenmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:35 PM   #5

GPS data

If it is coordinates from the GPS, it would give you both Lat. and Long., which can be expressed in different ways. Check to see what Wikipedia shows for your town's coordinates. That could tell you what is being displayed.
Aspenmeadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:00 AM   #6

Bump. Can anyone tell me if the Nav unit needs the SD card to run? Mine all the sudden stopped working - I can't even select it. Pushing the buttons does nothing.

Noticed the SD card is gone.
flocktothewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:32 AM   #7

Yes You need it and also for one time maps update.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flocktothewall View Post
Bump. Can anyone tell me if the Nav unit needs the SD card to run? Mine all the sudden stopped working - I can't even select it. Pushing the buttons does nothing.

Yes, in fact pretty much the entire NAV program is on the SD card.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Where did the SD card go??? (Well, I guess it could navigate it's way anywhere!)

Dave
Old 12-21-2016, 07:38 AM   #10

The numbers at the top, the one side is odd and the other is even. They're the address numbers. It took me awhile to figure out what they were.
DBTSolera24R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:47 AM   #11

There are two slots

Quote:

There is a full size SD card slot next to the USB port on the front. There is also a micro SD card slot under the small VM9726BT cover. I believe the micro slot is for the nav program, the full size slot is for your use - like if you have music downloaded on a card.

I just removed my Jensen nav unit for replacement with a Kenwood/Garmin unit. The large slot is and always has been vacant.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:39 PM   #12

Problem solved - kinda. Found the Micro SD card, had a lot of apologizing to do after blaming my 5 year old for taking the SD card... For some reason it stopped working. When we pulled the microSD card, and re-seated it, the Nav option came back again.

Thanks for the help.
flocktothewall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jensen