Old 09-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #31

That's not good.

I agree with the gps Jensen unit comment, I used it once, but then decided my iPhone gps is better. I would take the RV app you referenced instead.

The backsplash is a modification I plan on improving also the factory one isn't that great. Ours is like stainless steel tiles.

The soft touch ceiling that is a biggie! I love that feature, why on earth would they drop it? I guess you could get it done after market but what a pain.

The dyson is amazing we keep it in the kitchen pantry at our house when
Not using the RV.

Just an idea how about the dealer credits you for some of the cost you will have to incur to get what you thought you were getting.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 09-05-2016, 09:03 PM   #32

I have asked the dealer to return my deposit.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:04 AM   #33

Do we know if these "changes" are only on the MBS units ?
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #34
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSNewbie View Post

NO Dyson cordless vacuum
NO Soft-touch padded vinyl ceiling
NO tile back splash on stove
NO navigation system
I'm so sorry to hear that. Did you find out what the soft-touch padded vinyl ceiling is replaced with? I remember seeing clauses on FR website like 'may make changes without notices', but one would expect the changes are for the better not worse.
We have had our W for 18 months now and really enjoy the layout and many features. There are quality issues that I find unacceptable but they have not ruined our pleasure with camping in it.
I totally understand your frustration because I've gone through my share of problems several times, but I suggest you test drive the unit first and give it another consideration, and figure out what you will do.
Good luck!
Old 09-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #35

Josh can you chime in with what the changes that forest river has made to the MBS models and perhaps why they were made?
Old 09-08-2016, 09:03 AM   #36
Class C Representative

It is true! We have made some changes. We aren't supposed to release all of our changes at once until after our fall show. I can confirm that that we have dropped the Soft touch vinyl ceilings, the Dyson Vacuum, We have gone to a different back splash, and we're using a different in dash radio.

The in dash radio does have a GPS system that works through your smart phone. It allows you to download a map for each state individually, accounts for truck/RV routes, and you won't need to constantly pay for updates on your GPS because they will update on the FREE app.

We've updated the interior with new colors, cabinetry, countertops and appliances.

If you would like to know or see any of these changes before our fall dealer show mid-September you will need to see a dealer in your area.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:26 AM   #37

Are these changes to both the Sunseeker and Forster brands and what is the reason for dropping the soft touch ceiling and the Dyson vacuum? Is it just cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #38
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
I can confirm that that we have dropped the Soft touch vinyl ceilings, the Dyson Vacuum, We have gone to a different back splash, and we're using a different in dash radio.
Josh, would these changes be seen as downgrade by buyers?
Old 09-12-2016, 04:19 PM   #39
Citrus County, Fl.

Joshua, is the drop of the padded ceiling across the entire Forester line? This was one of the major benefits for us to buy. Sure is quieter than our 2015 Flagstaff we traded in.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #40
Class C Representative

These shouldn't be seen as a downgrade. In any RV especially a Class C there will always be trade-offs. In this case we made changes in some areas to improve or update other important areas of the coach.

I have no doubt, as new product begins to hit dealer's lots you'll be just as excited as we are about our product!

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, sunseeker