Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2016, 12:09 AM   #41
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkloud9 View Post
On the dinette, we love ours and use it all the time. DW purchased a large selection of throw pillows in various sizes. Get a couple of very large square pillows for the dinette and you can sit in multiple configurations and be comfortable, especially watching the TV. We camped a couple of nights with another couple, and 4 adults can sit there and be comfortable, although it is cozy.

On the cab seats, we would love to get the booster cushions, but so far no luck from our dealer. I think they are pretty slammed right now with the season start up. Let us know how the ones you ordered work out. As far as rotating them, there is so much space in the W that we only turn them when we have guests or are staying somewhere more than one night. Getting in and out of them when turned into the living space is a chore, but once in them, I am happy.

Bottom line, enjoy the RV lifestyle! It is a real kick! No matter what config you get, it sure beats tents! And wow, what a backyard!

Bob and Cynthia.

2017 Sunseeker MBS 2400W

Ha! it looks like I am stalking y'all. My husband really can't stand the dinette, but says he doesn't like that seating configuration at best.
Like your wife, I already bought a lot of pillows. 8 down pillows (we have an outlet nearby) and making covers. I like the dinette OK but I don't see how to really watch the TV very comfortably if you wanted to watch a movie or anything longer than the news.
I think you are on a trip now, hope it's all great and I can't wait for us to get out more.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:52 AM   #42

We have found as we get older it is harder to get comfortable,,, epically if you have any spinal trouble... I had hoped to remove our u shaped dinette and install a sofa bed,,, but after looking @ the way the dinette was installed in out Sunseeker 2500TS I decided that was not a good idea !!! We found a 3 foot Brown Leather Otterman @ Wal-Mart,,, I cut a round hole in the bottom so it would fit over the table leg support,,, that was fine,,, but it made it almost imposable to get in & out !!! So we found by just sitting it on the floor in front of the table it works Great!!! At least we can get our feet up !!! And we also use several pillows for side support,,, not sure how comfortable it would be for more that 2 people,,, don't plan to ever find out !!!
LOL !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:48 AM   #43
Sunseeker 2400MBW

"So we found by just sitting it on the floor in front of the table it works Great!!! At least we can get our feet up !!! And we also use several pillows for side support,,, "

Well that's a novel idea, we'll have to try it. Simple too.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #44

Hello, I'm new here and we're thinking of purchasing the Forester 2401W or the Sunseeker 2400W. It's looks like this is a near perfect MH for us, my concern is the omitted overhead cabinets above the dinette. There just doesn't seem to be many cabinets at all, even in the bedroom Where do you all put your towels, etc.?
LinandLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:38 PM   #45
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Well we have only used ours for brief trips so far. There is very little storage space, I have to say. And the weight limit is pretty low. When you think how much each of you weigh, necessary tools, food, etc, etc, it adds up really fast. Every storage device you get, consider the weight.
My daughter laughs at us, says we sound like back packers obsessed with the weight of everything.

I got some "turkish towels". They fold up very small and dry quickly and ours are very colorful. They are not like drying off with a big terrycloth towel, but we are camping, right!?!?

I also got smaller ones for kitchen towels and I love them in the kitchen.

There is a large blank spot next to the mirrored cabinet over the toilet. I plan to hang something there that is not so wide that it will interfere with opening the shower door like 3 long and narrowish baskets, I have no intention of trying to match existing cabinets plus baskets are light. We can put the towels and stuff in there.

I believe the version with the "cap" in front has cabinets instead of the upstairs bed.
We don't have that one, the mattress is stored and we are going to get a set of bins to keep underwear, socks etc in.

Also, under the foot of the bed, closest to the bathroom wall, is an open spot. We use that for the dirty clothes bag.

The wardrobe is quite the hole in the wall, we don't know what do there to make it more useful. There are drawers under the wardrobe, so far they're empty!

It's our first RV, it's a lot of fun and I do like the short length, it's really easy.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:04 PM   #46

Thanks, Nancy. We've owned a couple of Ford chassis class C motor homes since 1992. Last year we sold our '95 Jamboree for our out of state move. We sold everything for this move, and I am missing my motor home. It's been like torture not camping for over a year now. Anyway, that Jamboree had so much storage, we didn't even use it all. Can't wait to be RV owner's again. From what I've read so far it looks like the 2016 Forester and Sunseeker coaches are the ones I should try and locate. There aren't very many out there at this point though. All the 2017's are rolling in now, and I'm not happy that the Dyson and soft ceiling aren't included any longer.

I appreciate your feedback! Happy RVing you!
LinandLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:44 PM   #47

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
I like the "W" floor plan but with the reduced storage and reduced weight limits we decided on the "S" model. I also was concerned about the folding bed. I like the idea of being able to use the bed without having to extend the slide. This is nice for the short rest stops like at a rest stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-21-2016, 11:20 PM   #48
Sunseeker 2400MBW

I don't understand the advantage or disadvantage of a soft ceiling at all.
But the Dyson, I NEVER wanted a vacuum that I have to revisit my dirt (I Love vacuums w/BAGS only!!!) I like that little vacuum, I want to bring it home. My basement vacuum cleaner is small but weighs a ton compared to this Dyson.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:47 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyc7 View Post
I don't understand the advantage or disadvantage of a soft ceiling at all.
But the Dyson, I NEVER wanted a vacuum that I have to revisit my dirt (I Love vacuums w/BAGS only!!!) I like that little vacuum, I want to bring it home. My basement vacuum cleaner is small but weighs a ton compared to this Dyson.

The soft ceiling provides some added sound insulation but most importantly for me, it gives the ceiling a high end custom look. I have looked at many RVs and motorhomes and I associate the hard ceiling with the lower end lines.

You like bag vacuums better? Have you used a dyson? The bags are one more thing to buy and until you empty, you are driving extra weight and dirt around with you. The dyson simply ejects whenever needed. It's so easy do it every time we use it. We keep ours in the pantry off our kitchen of our home and then take on RV when we head out. It's a great little vac.

If I was looking at a new one currently I would have to just buy the dyson on my own due to they are omitted but the soft ceiling is a deal killer for me. I think the value of my 2016 just went up. That was not the place to save money. Bad decision Forest River!

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Old 09-22-2016, 05:53 AM   #50

One reason FR may have dropped the soft ceiling...

I read on another thread that the new FR MB Chassis now has the Lippert central control system. I did some research, and it is a sophisticated system with control modules that all connect to a 'cann' bus, and a controller that looks a lot like a tablet. There is no doubt that it is expensive, and FR had to cut somewhere to cover the cost...

I have a 2015 Solera 24R, and now that I have had it for a year, it is clear that 'electrical' is a weakness. Structure, carpentry, plumbing, etc. are fairly well done on the 24R, but electrical is not as well done. I would hesitate on buying one with this new control system...
nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:02 PM   #51

I'm so glad we purchased our 2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400S when we did ! The 2017 has been cheapened in appearance and the quality of its components.such as:

No Soft Ceiling
No Dyson
No raised panel cabinets
Cheap plastic light fixtures with push buttons in the middle and only one over sink. (ours are glass, wall or under cabinet switch and two lights over sink.)
No metal adjustable reading lights over bed (they are the same cheap plastic domes as above now)
No Subwoofer
No corner backsplash at stove.
No Glass shower door or even as option.
No sprayer on kitchen sink
No heated/remote mirrors
No wall mirror (2400R)

If this had been done before we took delivery I would have refused it and gone elsewhere. I think that when you have the Mercedes logo on the front grill you should expect like quality in the coach. Now they are just McRVs. Hopefully the decision makers at FR will come to their senses soon. People do have a choice and I expect the scale to tip to other manufacturer's.
dmersereau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:33 AM   #52

These changes seem to be happening in the middle of the 2017 model year... our 2400W, which we got in March, has all the features in your list, except the subwoofer and heated mirrors. Some consider the shower curtain an upgrade.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #53

I pickup my new 2401W up on Sept 7th in Ohio and, as we speak, am still traveling across country in it. Mine was outfitted the same as Bob's. Minor issues so far on this significant shakedown ride that will continue probably another month. Stayed in Ochono National Forest, Oregon last night .. cold and rainy this morning. Am appreciating the furnace heat in mornings the last few weeks😏 Also, I like the "upgraded" shower ..a bit more room.

Adventures in my 2017 Forester 2401w
rshellhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:49 PM   #54

Mine got delivered Aug with all the options, however omitting the glass shower door and getting the bowed curtain was a special order. And its a Forester, not sunseeker.....
Entegra 27A Oct 2021 - ?
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:00 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmersereau View Post
I'm so glad we purchased our 2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400S when we did ! The 2017 has been cheapened in appearance and the quality of its components.such as:

No Soft Ceiling

No Dyson

No raised panel cabinets

Cheap plastic light fixtures with push buttons in the middle and only one over sink. (ours are glass, wall or under cabinet switch and two lights over sink.)

No metal adjustable reading lights over bed (they are the same cheap plastic domes as above now)

No Subwoofer

No corner backsplash at stove.

No Glass shower door or even as option.

No sprayer on kitchen sink

No heated/remote mirrors

No wall mirror (2400R)

If this had been done before we took delivery I would have refused it and gone elsewhere. I think that when you have the Mercedes logo on the front grill you should expect like quality in the coach. Now they are just McRVs. Hopefully the decision makers at FR will come to their senses soon. People do have a choice and I expect the scale to tip to other manufacturer's.

I just read this out loud to my wife and her jaw is still on the ground. She confirmed we would of not purchased if these features were left off.

I find it surprising if it was to save money to install the Lippert Control System. I am 41 and very tech savvy but I don't want any more automation on the RV. Both of our parents have RVs and I can for sure confirm they don't want any more complicated to service or operate systems.

Things (necessities) that should be added instead
- tire pressure monitoring
- surge protection

Thanks Forest River for keeping the resale on our "awesomely equipped" 2016 high! By stripping them down ours will be more in demand. Only problem is I will have to go elsewhere to get better than what I have now it appears....

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Old 10-18-2016, 09:52 PM   #56

Wow ... we must have lucked out and gotten our 2017 Forester 2401W just before the changes - ours came with all of the niceties - soft ceiling, Dyson, etc. I would really have been pissed if it came as differently attired as you describe.

Kelly & Mary Beth
2017 Forester MBS 2401W
Old 10-20-2016, 02:47 PM   #57

I'm just guessing, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysunseekermbs View Post
I just read this out loud to my wife and her jaw is still on the ground.
Thanks Forest River for keeping the resale on our "awesomely equipped" 2016 high! By stripping them down ours will be more in demand. Only problem is I will have to go elsewhere to get better than what I have now it appears....
I read somewhere that FR put the new Lippert monitor/control system into their new coaches. I have no doubt this is a very expensive system, as it includes control devices for everything - and an independent 'bus' to manage them. The $ had to come out elsewhere.

Personally I would not want it - very cool in theory, but too new, and in practice there are so many ways it could have problems. That kind of system is better applied to something like a plane.
nusslejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:10 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusslejj View Post
That kind of system is better applied to something like a plane.
Yeah, 'cause even if it screws up, what could possibly go wrong in a plane???

Dave

Tags
forester, sunseeker