Old 10-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #1
2018 Sunseeker 2400W MBS

Late Model MBS Sunseeker or Forester Owners?

Love our new 2018 Sunseeker 2400W so far, but can't or the life of me understand why FR decided to stop providing decent backsplash coverage to protect walls around propane cooktop.

Understand previous Sprinter MBS models had nice ceramic backsplashes at both rear AND right side of range, but later models (such as ours) only have a SINGLE backsplash at rear - leaving side wall unprotected.

Try to do most of our cooking outside, but its only a matter of time before the delicate wall covering right next to the right side of the stove gets damaged. Anybody know of a good source that can supply a matching backsplash panel we can install ourselves? Thanks!

Iceman from McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:07 AM   #2

Agreed...my flip up cooktop is also abacksplash. I. Do have a vinyl one on rear. None on side. I put in a new rear and side from home Depot. Cheap and easy

MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:37 AM   #3

A recent PBS home show installed a tile back splash with a special double stick tape type sheet fabric.

Might hold formica or SS if you worry about weight.
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:34 AM   #4

In an earlier post, someone installed selfstick vinyl tiles from Home Depot.
Little add-ons
Bill and Gail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:28 AM   #5
2018 Sunseeker 2400W MBS

Thanks for the helpful info & links so far, especially like the many great ideas posted in "Little Add-ons" by leisurelarry! Still, was hoping to find source for a 2nd OEM backsplash panel exactly like the one installed behind the range, as it would appear to be a perfect fit for the side location too.

However, if unavail, the Home Depot solution might be an economical way to go for both the range area AND the bathroom wall above the sink. Kudos to all for the help!

PS - the motion-activated & battery-powered entry light is another great idea I plan to incorporate!
Iceman from McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:36 PM   #6

Exact same response as the wife. She can not ubnderstand why no backsplash on the right.
We are trying to find out if we can buy one from F R.
CDRJML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:51 PM   #7

Backsplash

Nearest custom kitchen supply can provide thin sheet stainless steel or brushed aluminum back splash measured to fit.
zj178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #8

Back splash!

Our 2016 Forester MBS, bought summer 2015, came with back and side back splashes! However, the same types for home kitchen use will work! Try Home Depot, Lowes, and though many of you complain, you might try Camping World! Better than ruined walls! Also, any grease on a backsplash is easy to remove! Grease on a bare wall soaks in and presents a serious fire hazard, especially in an RV! ! V/r, Dan & Gerda
Dan n Gerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:19 PM   #9

We had the start of self adhesive aluminum back-splash tiles on our 2500TS. The rest of the back and side of the counter back splash had this tacky looking wallpaper band of glass looking tiles. Yuck!! Worse yet, it had bubbles. I can't imagine FR paid someone to do that.

We got lucky and matched the aluminum tile on Amazon. I first used a heat gun to remove the strip of wallpaper. The tile sheets have a thin foam backing and a back coating of self adhesive. The adhesive is protected by a red film like wax paper. I left the film on until I was sure about the radius around the window and very carefully matched sheet to sheet. I will affirm that once this glue touches a surface, it it there to stay. If a mistake is made, it takes a putty knife to dislodge it and it pretty much ruins the foam. Some of the tiles on the radius of the window were individually fitted in. Slow and deliberate is the absolute rule. Note, the two black spots on the side panel are hot pad hangers

It was about a $50 project. Amazon has a lot of styles to choose from.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4210478.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	154661  
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:15 AM   #10

Nice write-up! Thank you.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:32 AM   #11

Used Stick On brushed metal tiles on our 2400WS

Self stick from Amazon in our case but no doubt other sources are out there... I put them on before our first use of the stove to prevent grease and schmutz from cooking interfering with the bonding.

Ver Block Peel and Stick Design Stainless Steel DIY Interior Tile 5PCS (7.8 x 7.8 inch (5PCS), Brush Grey)

Ver Block Peel and Stick Design Stainless Steel DIY Interior Tile 5PCS (3.9 x 7.8 inch (5PCS), Brush Gray)

Lucked out as these pieces fit perfectly and all of the tile were used up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171029_122051.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	155248   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171029_122042.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	301.2 KB
ID:	155249  

BluStreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags