Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2019, 03:34 PM   #1
Jdk

Low water drain 2016 FR Forester 2401ws

Can’t find low water drain. Have looked under circular hatch on fresh water tank only see Fresh tank drain. Some posts suggest they are pushed up inside but I can’t see or feel any. Also looked passenger side behind door.
Jdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdk View Post
Can’t find low water drain. Have looked under circular hatch on fresh water tank only see Fresh tank drain. Some posts suggest they are pushed up inside but I can’t see or feel any. Also looked passenger side behind door.
Should be just aft of the electric step, sort of under the kitchen cabinet area. There will be 2 of them--one hot and one cold water line.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdk View Post
I have the 2016 W and the low point drains are definitely in the circular hatch where the fresh water tank drain is.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:21 PM   #4

Just did my 2400WS today. The lines were in the same access hatch as the fresh tank drain. Inboard of the rear bumper
DRW916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:01 PM   #5

The drain valve is in the winterizing area, turn it open a your tank will drain out the back half. It’s where u suck in the anti freeze. This is on my 2401r MB’s FR. 2016
Jdhudkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:02 PM   #6

Low point drains

On my MBS 2401W I found the hot and cold drain points behind the coroplast in the right back corner. They are not near the fresh water drain access plate. I cut a hole in the coroplast so that they could extend through and be more readily accessible.
Glampen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, forester, water