Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #1

Manual for the dashboard LCD?

I did not find a manual for the LCD mounted in the dash (Rear view/side view camera display/radio, etc. Did your unit come with one? Was it a MB manual or LCD unit manufacturer's manual?
Old 02-07-2019, 07:07 PM   #2

It is a Sony unit.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHs1 View Post
It is a Sony unit.

Get the model number and then search online for the manual.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiDudi View Post
Get the model number and then search online for the manual.
I don't want to remove it to find a model number. Ill check the settings though, to see if it shows anything.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:46 AM   #5

Do you have the coach build sheet - FR includes one with new units? The build sheet should list the make, model and serial number of the camera system.

If you don't have that, you might look behind the trim panel down by the driver side door / driver's left foot. FR has been known to have an interface box there and the box may provide more clues about the make / model.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
Do you have the coach build sheet - FR includes one with new units? The build sheet should list the make, model and serial number of the camera system.

If you don't have that, you might look behind the trim panel down by the driver side door / driver's left foot. FR has been known to have an interface box there and the box may provide more clues about the make / model.
No build sheet. I believe I have found a manual for a newer version of the same screen. Waiting to hear from dealer why I didn't get one.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:56 PM   #7

Quote:
No build sheet. I believe I have found a manual for a newer version of the same screen. Waiting to hear from dealer why I didn't get one.
As for the build sheet - no idea. As for the manual, FR has a central depository with links to some documentation for subsystems that are included in their RVs. Here's a link to the Forester MBS version:
https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...ter-mbs/browse
Hope that helps!
Old 02-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #8

Quote:
As for the build sheet - no idea. As for the manual, FR has a central depository with links to some documentation for subsystems that are included in their RVs. Here's a link to the Forester MBS version:
https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...ter-mbs/browse
Hope that helps!
Thanks. I looked in the Sunseeker section and although I found Sony manuals, none were for the model I have.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:08 PM   #9

Dealer is contacting MB as the dash and display is part of the MB Sprinter chassis.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:48 PM   #10

What a circus. After multiple emails to MB, they finally tell me that Forest River installed their display in the center of the dash, not MB. Of course, Forest River says that MB installs it. Both just sitting back and pointing their fingers at each other. What great customer service.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #11

Well ... I was a little surprised when FR said that MB installed it.

My 2015 coach has two displays. One, mounted up high is just for the rear view camera. The second, mounted in the middle of the dash, is the infotainment system. Both were installed by FR.

But, apart from all of that, can you get the make and model # of the display that you have? You can usually get this info through menus, etc., though I suppose it might require taking the thing out of the dash - which I'd avoid!

Dave
Old 02-16-2019, 12:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Well ... I was a little surprised when FR said that MB installed it.

My 2015 coach has two displays. One, mounted up high is just for the rear view camera. The second, mounted in the middle of the dash, is the infotainment system. Both were installed by FR.

But, apart from all of that, can you get the make and model # of the display that you have? You can usually get this info through menus, etc., though I suppose it might require taking the thing out of the dash - which I'd avoid!

Dave
I've gone through the menus multiple times (and there are not that many) and find no model info. It is clearly a Sony device. I have looked online and found similar looking devices, but nothing matching the exact front configuration.

I don't know how to get it out of the dash to get a model number off of the back.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:21 PM   #13

Quote:
I've gone through the menus multiple times (and there are not that many) and find no model info. It is clearly a Sony device. I have looked online and found similar looking devices, but nothing matching the exact front configuration.

I don't know how to get it out of the dash to get a model number off of the back.
Hmm.

Sony doesn't seem to have that many models - less than 10 - that have a video screen. Here's a link to their list of units:
https://www.sony.com/electronics/in-...?bestfor=video
Perhaps you could narrow it down by features as well as appearance? Also, according to their "How to Find Your Model Number" FAQ, audio receivers have a model number on the faceplate. They show an example for a "CDX-GT200" which has a model number near the lower right corner of the faceplate.

Dave
Old 02-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Hmm.

Sony doesn't seem to have that many models - less than 10 - that have a video screen. Here's a link to their list of units:
https://www.sony.com/electronics/in-...?bestfor=video
Perhaps you could narrow it down by features as well as appearance? Also, according to their "How to Find Your Model Number" FAQ, audio receivers have a model number on the faceplate. They show an example for a "CDX-GT200" which has a model number near the lower right corner of the faceplate.

Dave
Thanks Dave! That link showed me what I needed. I was searching the Sony site using "display" or similar and not "AV Receiver". I believe my model is XAV-AX200 shown on the link you provided and have downloaded that manual. Now to do some reading. Note that there is not a model number on the front of the unit, only "SONY".
Jim
Old 02-16-2019, 02:02 PM   #15

Quote:
<snip>

My 2015 coach has two displays. One, mounted up high is just for the rear view camera. The second, mounted in the middle of the dash, is the infotainment system. <snip>
Dave

Interesting, Dave. My 2016 Prism has a single touch screen display in the dash that does all the music stuff and also displays the rear/side view cameras. I do have a red led up at the top of the windshield where one would think a rear view mirror would be installed - I have never bothered to see what that is for but I wonder if that is what you camera display is powered by.

Mike and JoAnne
Montana Summer / Arizona Winter
2016 Prism 24G /2002 HitchHiker 38LKTG
ACME EZTowing a 2015 Chevy Sonic RS Hatchback
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:13 PM   #16

An update. My SONY doesn't have a DVD player, so its not the model I listed in the previous post. Model XAV-AX100 appears to be it. My hesitation is that the picture on the website looks exactly like mine, but when I open the pdf manual for that model, the picture shows the unit with a USB connector on the left side. Mine does not have that. As previously stated, more reading to do.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:44 PM   #17

Last update. it is an XAV-AX100. The manual I had downloaded was for a XAV-AX1000. That extra zero was my problem.

Thanks again.

Tags
manual