Old 09-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
Senior Junior Member
MBS First Trip Report

We have recently returned from a 1700 mile round trip with our new MBS 2400R. Our stay was almost 3 weeks. It was a good shake-down cruise that uncovered a few minor issues that the dealer is scheduled to address, but the chassis had none.

Mileage so far averaged 14 to 15 mpg with only 2400 miles on the clock. We could count on going no more than 250 miles before feeding it. By then, me and our 75 lb GSD had to use the facilities anyway, DW could just walk back.

Our unit happened to be included in the "rolling change" FR made by installing the Hellwig sway control and the handling was great. The ride is good too and I was also impressed with how well the MBS holds on to the set cruise, even on long grades. I also have a 2014 Ram 3500 dually with the 6.7L HO Cummins, so at first I was questioning the ability of the little 3.0L to do the job. The 4.18 rear gear helps a lot.

Overall, this unit seems to be a comfortable travel vehicle and can be maneuvered into most places I would also take my dually. Performance is also respectable and has no issues with keeping up with traffic even though I limit my top speed to 65 mph (by choice). Before departure, I had steel valve stems installed at Discount Tire and at the same time they offered me a warranty on the 6 tires, which I took. I also installed my new WASP TPMS 6 system which worked very well. I set the cold pressures at 65 psi and the highest hot pressures rose into the 70s and temps generally less than 90.

That is enough rambling for now and hope this info will help those considering an MBS.

2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R
Hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:56 AM   #2
Great post, congrats on the new rig.

The MBS is way smooth. I am very pleased with it.

You may want to re-post this on the Solera Forum, since it is focused on the MBS and has a ton of followers.

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped
TOAD: 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
I love the way our 24s handles I just ordered sumos today in will inst later. After trip. I don't see how it could get much better but I've seen where they will help with sway.we will see.
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote