Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2018, 09:55 PM   #1

Mbs scan tool

I'm looking for recommendations for a scan tool for my Sprinter. I'm hoping to also be able to use it on our other cars. Is there such a scanner? I would rather spend a little more and get a good one that will read a wide range of vehicles.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:06 AM   #2

This may not be what you're looking for, but I use it with my Sprinter. I've also used it on my Fords and my daughter's VW with good results. It's just a Bluetooth OBD II unit so you need a device that will run a compatible app to make it work. I use Dash Command on my phone and on my Samsung tablet. Here's a link to the OBD II unit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I purchased it primarily to give me gauges that I did not have on my Sprinter (like an analog fuel gauge) and it worked great for that. It also correctly diagnosed a failed oxygen sensor on my Sprinter and on a Hyundai Elantra. Like I said, this is not a high end expensive tool, but it more than met my needs.
halbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
I'm looking for recommendations for a scan tool for my Sprinter. I'm hoping to also be able to use it on our other cars. Is there such a scanner? I would rather spend a little more and get a good one that will read a wide range of vehicles.
I use the "Bosch OBD 1200 CodeConnect." I bought it during a trip when I was in a bit of bind -- so there are probably better choices. However, I've been very pleased with this purchase as it has served me well several times during trips and works with my other vehicle as well.
FollowTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
2012 Solera

My Autel correctly identified a failed glow plug on our trip to Alaska last year. Knowing the “Check Engine” light was do to a glow plug issue greatly reduced my concern with driving the vehicle until I could get it fixed.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #5

Thanks for the comments.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroniekon View Post
I use the iCarsoft MBII scanner and it seems to work very well. It can read the ABS wheel rotation sensors and shows if one is having voltage issues. Won't tell you which one is bad, but will show differences which help identify problem.
The firmware is updateable, but not sure if other manufactures can be added.