Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2019, 12:58 PM   #1

MBS Service, Bend, Oregon

The Bend, Oregon Mercedes dealer is now performing general service on Sprinter chassis class C's. However, Mercedes has not yet approved them to do warranty, or recall service. Bummer, as I just got a recall for my Takata airbag and now have to drive over to either Eugen, Wilsonville, or Portland, Or. But, if you live in Central Oregon, and need general service performed, this is certainly closer than the 3+ hour trip over the pass.
2008 Jeep JKS
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #2

You should call Mercedes CS and ask them if you can use that center, my bet is they will approve it. Nothing to lose but a phone call and a few minutes time.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranski View Post
You should call Mercedes CS and ask them if you can use that center, my bet is they will approve it. Nothing to lose but a phone call and a few minutes time.
Interestingly enough, I emailed Mercedes customer service asking them this question. The reply back was that if if Mercedes, Bend, had the parts, they should be able to perform the work. Since you can rarely get the service manager on the phone, I emailed him my question, and response back from Mercedes customer service. 2 days now and I have yet to hear back from him. In the meantime, I called MB in Eugene, about 3 hours west of me, and was talking with them about the recall. Turns out they are having a demo day at a dealer in Bend in two weeks and will be replacing airbags - so got on the schedule for 2 PM, 25 miles from where I live. So far, not impressed with the Bend Mercedes people, but what dealings I have had with the Eugene people have been very good. Guess that will be where I go for future service needs. Not holding my breath to hear back from the Bend service manager.
2008 Jeep JKS
Old 03-29-2019, 03:36 PM   #4

I got mine done in Salem yesterday. It took them longer to do the paper work than it did to do the work. I was in and out of there in less than 25 minutes.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:53 AM   #5

I have had terrible luck with Bend Mercedes with my SLK so when I got recall I contacted Wilsonville and the openly wanted me to have them replace my airbags on my 2016 24R. And they are giving me a loaner. My son had bout a Sprinter van there recently and they were exceptional. Worth the drive for me.

2016 Solera 24R
dogpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 11:52 AM   #6

Still have not had any call back, or reply from Mercedes, of Bend regarding my email that included MB customer service saying they could do the work. Guess I am not disappointed in lack of response, as it seems they do not have a great reputation on after sale service, it appears. Too bad, as I think they are missing a real opportunity for work based on the number of MBS Sprinter RV's being sold here in the central Oregon area.
2008 Jeep JKS
Old 04-04-2019, 10:59 PM   #7

Got a call from the MB service manager in Bend, Yesterday. After he read my email from MB customer service, he said, no, they cannot service any MBS Sprinter, period. Back to going over the pass for service. Too bad.
2008 Jeep JKS
Old 04-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #8
oreddie

Bend Mercedes

I'm surprised and pleased to hear they may eventually be certified for Sprinter work. I've been taking my M Class there for years and whining about driving to Eugene for my Sprinter since 2010 (even tho I actually enjoy the solo trip)
Old 04-06-2019, 03:51 PM   #9

I can't believe that won't do it. It's about a 20 minute job and they did mine in the parking lot.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:59 PM   #10

The Mercedes place in Palm Springs won't work on the sprinters. They said they don't have a lift but if it can be done
In a parking lot you don't need a lift. We take ours to Riverside they have awesome sprinter service.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:37 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
Today I had my airbag recall taken care of and my yearly oil change done in Salem and it took then very little time to do both. I’m very pleased with the service and pricing I’ve gotten from the dealer in Salem.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:32 AM   #12

Interesting take here - I was talking with Mercedes in Eugene, Oregon and they asked where I lived and if I was close to Bend, Or. Said yes, about 20 minutes away. The advisor told me they were going to be in Bend for a day at a dealership doing "Demo" day and changing airbags and would I like to have it done there? Are you kidding me 0 put me down. Went down Thursday, they took the rig, 1/2 hour later D/S airbag changed. I was also told that they are considering setting up a mobile clinic in the Bend area to service Sprinters that the local Mercedes dealer had decided not to service. Sitting on a goldmine in Central Oregon as Sprinters are selling like hotcakes. Hope that happens for local owners as the service thing and distance is an issue for a lot of people in order to maintain the warranty.
2008 Jeep JKS

Tags
service