Old 11-26-2015, 11:07 PM   #11

Look again, right up underneath just aft of the step. There is a slot there with tubes in it. They may be covered with spray foam insulation. Eyeball a line straight down from the red and blue lines under your kitchen sink. You may have to lie in your back with a flashlight in hand (and wheels well chocked!) to find them.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R

Old 11-27-2015, 10:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmbs View Post
Did not find the hoses by the steps. I was following Redldr1's tip to look in the freshwater tank access at the rear of the W but couldn't locate them there.
The tech who "found" mine had to reach in the access port and feel around for them. They weren't an easy "here they are" to access. The drains are loose flex hoses that could easily slide out of sight. When I re-winterize next month I'm going to put "pull strings" on mine to make finding them easier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Look again, right up underneath just aft of the step. There is a slot there with tubes in it. They may be covered with spray foam insulation.
That is where I started looking... They are not located their on the "W" floor plan...at least on mine. I even cut off some of the spray on insulation looking for them. After that I gave up and went to my dealer...

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #13

Ok, it's just odd they would do it differently on the two models and that they would hide them so we'll. Glad you found them!

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 11-27-2015, 01:22 PM   #14

I found my low drains today on my W right where Redldr1 said-In the fresh water tank access in the rear of the coach. They were easy to pull out. One had 1/2 cup of antifreeze and the other was frozen(it's 25 degrees out). Supposed to get in the 30's later this week. I am thinking no damage since I pumped anti freeze through the system earlier. I will let you know in January when we go south.
While in many rvs they are located below the sink the W has the LP tank mounted there.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 03:27 PM   #15

That's right, I forgot they switch sides on some of those larger items! Either for space or balance or both.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R

Tags
cat, drain, location