Old 03-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #1

New 2400w TV complaint

Just bought a new 2018 2400w last weekend and took it out for a one night shakedown at a park about 30 miles from home yesterday. Being in rainy Oregon, we have a small leak in one of the skylights that will be addressed.

My main reason for the post is the stupid design for the main tv mount/arm. I must admit I didn't even try it at the dealer, but now realize it only swings out, no side to side or up/down adjustment where the base meets the tv. Anyone replace theirs already?

browser5031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 02:27 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum! I can't tell from your post which front cap your rig is equipped with i.e. the upper bunk model or the shorter trekker (touring style) front cap.

If it has the shorter cap like mine, the front TV only swings out in order to access the storage compartment behind the TV. Also to access the power and cable connections located there. If using a cable TV connection at an RV park, you need to turn off the attenuator to get good reception.
Haven't changed the mount but no need to. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:57 PM   #3

It has the bunk over the cab and the tv swings into the bunk and against the passenger wall.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:24 AM   #4

Agree - it is a dumb design. Debating taking it out of our unit as we really don't watch tv in the MH.
Ready Brute Elite / Blue Ox BP
High Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 05:51 PM   #5
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Desert View Post
Agree - it is a dumb design. Debating taking it out of our unit as we really don't watch tv in the MH.
Change it, they are cheap enough.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murbella7 View Post
Change it, they are cheap enough.
I would but it has a funky 90 degree angle mount and I have not seen anything on Amazon or elsewhere that would fit.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:23 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Keithe Send a message via MSN to Keithe Send a message via Yahoo to Keithe
Iíve also wanted my tv to swing out then rotate so the tv is above the door and weíre looking straight at the tv instead of an awkward angle but we havenít been able to find any mount that would work. The existing is a poor design in my opinion. If anyone has found a good replacement mount Iíd sure like to here about it.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:37 PM   #8
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithe View Post
Iíve also wanted my tv to swing out then rotate so the tv is above the door and weíre looking straight at the tv instead of an awkward angle but we havenít been able to find any mount that would work. The existing is a poor design in my opinion. If anyone has found a good replacement mount Iíd sure like to here about it.
Have you thought about hanging a chair from it? Could be a wild ride.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:27 AM   #9

On our MH we have a swing out tv mount. Retracted it rest against the outside wall of the upper bunk area. When it is swung out to the edge of the bunk facing the living area the tv was in a position with some side to side adjustment but no vertical tilt. So sitting on the sofa looking up at the tv was not the optimum viewing angle. I took the tv loose from the mount and installed spacers between the top pair of mounting holes on the tv and the mount. I had to use a little longer screw for the top two (metric). TV now has a good viewing angle from the sofa and dining area. When stowed for travel I just jam a pillow between the bottom of the tv and upper bunk mattress.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 05:24 PM   #10
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb422 View Post
On our MH we have a swing out tv mount. Retracted it rest against the outside wall of the upper bunk area. When it is swung out to the edge of the bunk facing the living area the tv was in a position with some side to side adjustment but no vertical tilt. So sitting on the sofa looking up at the tv was not the optimum viewing angle. I took the tv loose from the mount and installed spacers between the top pair of mounting holes on the tv and the mount. I had to use a little longer screw for the top two (metric). TV now has a good viewing angle from the sofa and dining area. When stowed for travel I just jam a pillow between the bottom of the tv and upper bunk mattress.
Smarter than the average bear, Boo Boo.